Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and looking for advice . I have a 2011 Silverado 3500 with the Duramax with about 180,000 miles . My fuel consumption has increased recently for no apparent reason . It went from high 16 s down to mid 13 s . No trouble codes but I did have an issue with the secondary injector in the particulate filter some ago and it was replaced but the fuel consumption was fine after that until just recently . I suspect an emission issue somewhere . Anyone’s insight would sure help . Thanks, Larry .

·
Registered
645 Posts
A plugged DPF could explain it.. but you'd have all sorts of messages. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Any chance of getting bad fuel? How's the air filter?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I would say check your oil as well for fuel in it and air cleaner like said first (cheap fixes). Then if its still not solved I would check the balance rate on the injectors I bet you got one going bad. Lets hope not. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys . I’ve ruled out bad fuel and the filters are fine . Looks like I may need the injectors gone over . 🤞🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts