Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious about the 2011 cause 2012 ill probably be upgrading.

so far ive been hearing

more ponies/tq
bigger brakes
130L fuel tank?
fill urea tank every second oil change?

what else?

thx, Steve

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
all sounds accurate so far to me.....:drink
the rest I could deal with,but damn a urea tank too??..........No sir,that's why there is a 07 in the driveway too!![referavatarpics<<<<<]

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx fellas!

i like the improvements... fuel mileage ill believe it when i see it. ive hardly seen any improvement on mine since km0

what did they do to up the ponies? engine internals? or just missed with the computer.

too many questions, so little time.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
thx fellas!

i like the improvements... fuel mileage ill believe it when i see it. ive hardly seen any improvement on mine since km0

what did they do to up the ponies? engine internals? or just missed with the computer.

too many questions, so little time.
60% of the LML engine parts are new. And like stated above, the frame/chassis is beefier along with steering, cv axles, ets. The new front end can hold more weight than the Dodge and just as much weight as the Ford now

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Piezo electronic injectors. Beefed up rods and pistons. Integrated turbo-brake. Dual Alternators. Bunch of good stuff. But 19mpg my ass

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
happy the front end is stronger... hope that means i wont be goin through ball jts anymore!!?!!?

gonna hit 500hp np with a tuner/intake/exhaust. should pull the sleds through the mountains with ease :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
holy crap ~400 hp and 765 tq! just wait until the custom efi tunners get a hold of that ecm! i bet we can be getting almost 600 hp and 870 tq with a stock tranny and a trans go jr shift kit! all at nearly 19mpg! thats gonna be a nice truck!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dual alternators??? trying to run a city off of a truck? has anyone had problems with just one?

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
gonna hit 500hp np with a tuner/intake/exhaust.
Gonna take a little time to make this stuff. The engine is completely different so they have tom make new intakes and exhausts. Tuning is different due to new injectors and what not. Then there is the Urea stuff they have to find out how to get rid of and block the codes

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I think its a great idea. There has always been an option from the factory to get dual alternators if Im not mistaken... Theyre good for people who like to add on a lot of electronics and stuff.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Oh and apparently Allison has stepped it up to handle the extra power. We will have to see how much over stock it will take

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great... love the allison.

with all the upgrades im scared to see the sticker price

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I think the fords that have been deliverd so far are around 58-70k sticker

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I heard efi is coming out for the powerstroke

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the fords that have been deliverd so far are around 58-70k sticker
wow and thats down there... not looking forward to the a$$ raping in the great white north

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.