Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
478 Posts
My 2500 Denali comes in at $62 K OTD in CA. All the bells and whistles, except the dealer-installed Tom-foolery. Should be picking it up Friday, Dealer's gonna shit a cinder block when I walk in there with $58 K in cash and tell him the best I can do is $60 OTD. He custom-ordered the truck for me but didn't make me put down a deposit. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

· Registered
478 Posts
I personally think this is screwed up. Dude, you made the deal and are trying to scam out.

To me this is sorry...I'm :flaminn you!

KG
Au Contraire, my good man. The dealer had an allocation to put in an order, and since I was in the market for a truck, he decided to order the truck according to my specs. However, we did not settle upon a price, no deal package was put on paper, and I never signed an agreement. He quoted me $62K over the phone after the order had already been processed. So, while I understand your feelings, and would most probably feel the same if I had signed a deal with him, I don't feel too bad about shaving a couple grand off of a $62K truck if I can get away with it. This is the most expensive vehicle the dealership has ever ordered, according to the guy I talked to. They're hardly going to lose their shirt over it.

· Registered
478 Posts
My apologies...when I read "my 2500 HD comes in at 62K" and your sig of "Will soon take delivery...", one would believe that you have worked out a deal.

When I was in TX, I had a dealer that would order whatever I wanted and wouldn't charge me any money upfront, because they knew that I was good on my word, and before I committed to ordering a car, I would make sure that the deal was done.

I guess to each his own...still think what you are doing is shaddy, but that's just me!

Kevin
Well I suppose we agree to disagree. As I said, the order was going to be put in anyway, he just decided to order this one the way I would want it. He made a point of specifically telling me that I wouldn't be obligated to buy the truck if I changed my mind (not gonna happen).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.