Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally diggin' the new Denali DRW. Got it priced out on USAA's car buying service with all the bells and whistles minus a sunroof for $55,000. I can take that to any USAA participating GMC dealer and get that price, no haggling. But I swear I've read on here some folks picked up a new Denali DRW for around $52 or lower. Anyone have a low priced dealer recommendation? I live in Cali but have no problem traveling around to Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada areas. Thanks!

TJ

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you buy out of state don't you get some kind of deal on the sales tax?
Don't pay CA sales tax (9.5% in my area) unless I buy in CA. I'm a TX resident currently in CA and truck will be registered in TX. As long as I buy outside of CA I will pay only TX sales tax. CA is a little jacked up with their sales tax laws.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personally think you can do a bit better. I paid 51K for my SLT loaded with everything except the sunroof. I don't think the Denali wouldn't be 4k more if I could have found one, but mine is an 11, not sure if the 12's increased much or not. The only problem you may have is finding one as there are not as many sitting on the lot so the dealer may not want to deal as much on them. I wish I would have waited a bit and found a Denali as I like the interior differences a lot. They are an awesome truck no matter what you get you will be happy I am sure.
There's two '12 Denalis both are DRW and CC (black on black and white with tan) at the dealer a couple of miles from my house. The sales manager already told me I get the USAA price ($55K), which is supposed to be the same as employee pricing (don't know if I believe they are the same). I'd prefer to buy out of CA due to high sales tax here. I may just see about ordering one to get it the exact way I want.

I know there's a couple of guys on here that have '12 Denali's DRW...just curious what they paid if they are willing to chime in.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, I did better ordering my 11 Denali DRW working directly with my dealer then USAA pricing. I also didn't haggle with them, went in told them what I wanted, and what I was willing to pay, they simply said OK when do you want to order. USAA pricing was a higher OTD price then the deal I worked by a few $K.
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the info. Btw, did you order it or did the dealer have it on the lot?

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TeamJ, i am not sure if this will help you at all ? i am from Canada, ordered my 2012 denali DRW crew cab 4x4, black, running boards, sunroof, everything but nav. Father inlaw and i both ordered 2 identical ones are we got them for 64,000$ canadian, we inquired about these denalis at a couple dealers, the next closest one for what we wanted was 67,000$
If my calculations are correct that's just shy of $63K U.S. dollars. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.