Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, have a 2012 denali dually coming hopefully next month. Did the lifted/heavily modified truck already with my lb7 so i am looking to keep this truck virtually stock for practicality purposes. I do however want to invest in a nice set of rims. i really like the look of 22.5's who is running this setup? and what size tire can you fit on these trucks stock with this size of rim. We tow a 28' fifth wheel with a 20' boat behind that so these rims would need to maintain adequate strength. Pictures would be awesome!

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can get 22.5 direct bolt on too but they are crazy expensive from American force. I had 22.5" Alcoas on my 11 ford that had 255/70 sumitumo on it. They looked great and rode okay for a 16 ply tire. I fitthem on the ford with no leveling kit or anything. With a chevy I'm betting you atleast have to have a leveling kit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19.5s might be a nice option too. I run 20" hoss's right now on a 37 trail grappler. Who would be the best company to look at for 19.5's any pictures?

·
Registered
125 Posts
American force makes direct bolt on 19.5 and 22.5. There aren't many choices on them though and like o said the 22.5 are very expensive for the direct bolt on. The regular 22.5 have to have 8-10 lug adapters. I bought my Alcoas from duallywheels4u.com. They have the 19.5's too. They were the best price on wheels and on shipping.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you want the best ride, you'd be better off getting 22's and running 10 ply tires. You won't get near as many miles out of them but they will ride a lot better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello I asked the very same question and another option one I'm going with just get them from the dealer go online to gmc accessories and then select Sierra accessories they have tire and wheel packages all the way up to 22's I'm not sure if they are cheaper then American Force but at least there's no guess work in it

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wouldn't go to 22s, more expense, less tire options, and IMO, they just don't look right on HDs.

The 19.5s would certainly be my choice too. Almost the same performance, slightly better highway mileage, depending on the tire you choose, etc.

Either way, post up pics of her. She is going to look good, I am sure

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are their more options out there on 19.5's rather than the classics? i do like them just not a huge fan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts