Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to remove the Allison/Duramax badge from the black hood "scoop" on my 2012 LML.
My black Gorilla Tape I used to cover them is looking shabby ;-)
Can anyone advise me how to do this?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Tape around the badge, use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat up the adhesive, take some fishing line behind the emblem and saw back n forth to remove the emblem. You can use Goo-gone to remove the residue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure this thing is "pinned" to the "scoop" rather than just glued... fishing line will go only about 1 and 1/2 inch from either end.. all the other emblems/badges were removed similar to your suggestion

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
ahhhh i see it might have some tabs on the back side that clip into the plastic scoop then. may have to see about access from underneath or google a pic of the decal to see what the back side looks like for clips

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just found a used one on ebay and saw the back of it. It looks like it just has the clips like the grill has where you just pull on it quickly and it pops out. I would say double up the fishing line or however thick it needs to be so it doesn't break and get a piece on either side of the clip and pull quickly an it should pop out. On those type of clips it has to be a quick pull not gently ease into it

https://www.ebay.com/i/202645055981...MI-Oy0odjq5AIV2IVaBR0xDwq0EAQYASABEgLz5_D_BwE

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Yes I’ve replaced mine with ones that say Duramax in red. There are tabs on the back which will uncover two slots on either side. They do just pop off though.

Instead of just removing them-try eBay or another site like Select Make - Chevrolet - Page 1 - Truck Emblem Warehouse for improved emblems. They come in many different colors and some in flat black.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, I'll give it a go tomorrow....fyi, I'm not wanting to replace them, just want to delete them, but now wondering what the heck to do about the holes that no doubt linger beneath the emblem...reckon I can just plasti dip or paint'em black and glue them back on...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.