Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall Im from VA and I'm about to purchase a 2012 LTZ that has every single option known to man on it - 43999k with 60k miles. I guess my question is what do I need to do with this truck as soon as I buy it? My last DMAX was a 03 LB7 which didn't have any emmisons crap on it. I just need to know where to start and how much money I'm looking to spend - I don't want a race truck just something that gets better mileage when I tow and sounds better. Like I said I'm going to be on a budget but I want to get rid of all the junk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol anymore details?!?!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anymore info hahaha? Brands? Anything hahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same spot you are. I just purchased a 2011 2500hd ltz. I'm in Indiana though. My goal is to get a deep sound that isn't exactly loud (especially in the cab). Im not going to race it, and pulling is pretty much marginal. I'm looking at a 5" flo-pro exhaust with a muffler (downpipe back) but not sure of the best economical way to tune around it. (I'm happy with stock hp, would like better mileage).
Eventually do a true Egr delete (turn it off w the tuner in the meantime). Best way for a Urea delete?

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on people help us out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like what exhaust? What tuner? What egr blocker? How much am I'm looking to spend - trying to see if it's worth buying this truck.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Ppei tuning ~ 900
Flo pro ~ 500
Cts + probe ~ 500
Lift pump ~ 600
Blocker plates ~ 15
Living life regen free ~ priceless!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What ppei tuning???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a 5 inch flo pro on my cummins and I didn't mind the sound. I'm guessing ppei is efi live? Who do I talk to about that? I don't even know where to start. Do I buy something and send it to them or what?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was looking at this thread, maybe it will help you. Explains about how to install and the delete. On the tunings, I'm a bit confused, when you buy them are they preprogrammed for exactly what you have done or I see where it is data logged and then emailed, or if you just want to tune around emissions one size fits all?

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590162

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do I get ahold of Kory Willis? I have heard good things about his tuning.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked all over the US on cargurus and traveled 900 miles to Ft worth Tex for a 2012 LTZ town truck 40700 $ with 42000 miles . Being a retired diesel mechanic working at a coal mine on Cummings. Ill leave mine stock with a regular service.My toy hauler weighs 9000 lb loaded . Im looking to up grade and from what I understand 14000 lb ftw toy hauler empty would be safe loaded will be 17000 max . Let me know if that is to heavy. Thank you Roadglide.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts