Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a pretty nice 2012 1500 4 x 4 Suburban but after driving a Duramax it is gutless. I want fairly good mpg and need to pull my car trailer around every now and then. Just want to get some feedback and ideas on what I should do.

I can supercharge the 5.3 that is in it. This would net me about 400 hp and 400 foot pounds of torque.

I could swap in a bigger gas motor. Probably a 6.2. This would net me about the same hp as the supercharged 5.3 and just a little more torque. Not sure how involved it would be. I could also supercharge the 6.2. That would net me around 600 hp and just under 600 ft lbs of torque.

Then I could do it the way I really want to. I could swap a Duramax into it. Thinking maybe a van as a donor that way I could have a trans similar to what I have. This would net me around 300 hp and 700 ft lbs of torque.

I contacted DuraBurb about doing that and got no response. No matter which way I go I'll probably have to hire it done. We have our hands full here at the shop as it is. I also want to make sure it rides nice so I want to leave the 1500 suspension as intact as possible.

Give me your suggestions on how you would do it and any info on who I could trust to do it would be nice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
try duraburb again Eric or I think Brenda, I have debated it to and have talked to them a couple times, my issue is I'm in Washington state and a long ways away

I have heard nothing but awesome things about Duraburb

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eric is just swamped right now, he is building 30 Duraburbs to spec for the government like mine without the lift. I left a message also and his messages were overflowing when I was there just like last Spring. He finishes the rigs and they go for bulletproofing and systems, pretty awesome contract. I talked to several people who picked up used Duraburbs because Eric couldn't get to them in the time they needed their rigs. Keep trying if you are ready to go and get in the 'Q' for a build - they do fantastic work and stand behind it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts