Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 12 lml that’s leveled with the torsion bars cranked up. I just put kryptonite upper control arms on it and now know that my tires rub the control arms. I’m running stock 20’s with 33x12.50 tires. I’d like to keep my stock wheels and tires because the tires are brand new but I’m just trying to figure out the best setup to run to keep my tires from rubbing. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I saw this on social media the other day where a truck had the same issue at a shop and they ended up putting a wheel spacer on it since the kryptonites are bulkier. I want to say it was a 1.5" spacer, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
If you space the wheels out 1.5" it will wear out the hub bearings but they might last until you can afford the bigger wheels you need to make this actually work. This sort of thing tends to be an ongoing case of making this fit because that changed. Perhaps you could sell what you have and then get what you need.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yea i would see about getting rid of them/ returning depending on how long you've had them installed. I personally run cognito UCAs and didn't have this issue on stock wheels with 35x12.50

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Actually I meant wheels and tires but ya, if he can return or sell the control arms that would be the best solution. Anybody here interested in nearly new UCAs to go with over-sized wheels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts