Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
I was suprised to see the ford win the 1/4 mile, guess the compounds have a bit of an advantage. chevys weak suspension, add a couple srings and crank the t bars youll never know the difference.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What they dont tell you is how the 6.7 is another nightmare i have been talking to guys over the road and I know of 4 trucks with major engine failure before 100,000 miles, and another 7 with injector problems, and 9 with turbo problems doesnt sound like to good of a start for fords first diesel they are building

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
GMC won the transmission over the torque shift?

I find that kind of odd...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ha at least they put a gmc up there (good lookin pickup) instead of a chevy (ugly proof of chevy's chrome suicide) so all the ford and goat boys couldnt pop off about it being ugly..even though the chev still looks wayy better than the dodge.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
The ford 6.7 is another failure.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I still think they didnt get it right the dodge had 4:10's and the others had 3:73 ratios ifyour gunna compare make sure they are all EXACTLY the same. They did good but not good enough in there comparision IMO

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
i would get the GM anyway, always have, always will

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
I was suprised to see the ford win the 1/4 mile, guess the compounds have a bit of an advantage. chevys weak suspension, add a couple srings and crank the t bars youll never know the difference.
I'm seriously not trying to be an asshole here, so please don't take it that I'm siding with ford just because I own a 6.7 for anyone that reads this.

The 6.7 does Not have compound chargers, its a single. As for anyone that says the 6.7 is "shit" they are not. Yes, they have some issues but doesn't any company out with a brand new engine? The 6.7 will hold its own against a duramax or a cummins, hands down.

Maybe if Gm would pull their head out of their ass and design a interior that wasn't made out of plastic I would own one. Not one of you that has actually looked a new Dodge or Ford can argue that point. I will agree, the front end of the Ford is ugly as fk, but Gm and Gmc isn't far behind it.

If you actually use your truck instead of just driving it you would look at a truck in a whole different perspective when thinking of trading. Pull a loaded trailer with a Ford, Dodge and GM and tell me which one trailers better. I bet the Ford wins for handling, but pulling power it falls a short over the duramax or cummins :eek:

Not saying its gods gift to mankind, but it is a decent truck, and if your going off of what you hear and what you read, then your an idiot. Try one out for yourself before you bag on a product. This is not directed at you RigRat, your post just caught my eye about the compounds :drink

rantonoff

·
Registered
572 Posts
my dads 2011 superduty sounds like your in a damn wind tunnel with the windows UP....most annoying truck i've ridden in.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I do work my truck, pulling around 12000lb loaded trailers. And I have compared the Chevy to the Ford and to the Cummins. For pulling power and handling, I will take my Dmax over any Ford, with the exception of the 7.3. Those are the only Ford I will even consider. The Cummins is probably the best diesel out there, but the rest of the truck is crap!! :drink

·
Registered
552 Posts
I still think they didnt get it right the dodge had 4:10's and the others had 3:73 ratios ifyour gunna compare make sure they are all EXACTLY the same. They did good but not good enough in there comparision IMO
How do you know the dodge had a 4.10?

And I gotta kick out of when the narrator says "just to legally drive them we had to get the same license truckers have":rofl:cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
....and if your going off of what you hear and what you read, then your an idiot. Try one out for yourself before you bag on a product.
And how exactly do you propose we do that? Just walk down to the dealer and tell them we want to grab a brand new $50K truck and go tow around a 15,000# trailer for a couple hundred miles? I'm sure they would just throw the keys at you and tell you to have a good time. :rof

Unless you know somebody with one of these trucks, its pretty hard to "try one out for yourself." The magazine reports and feedback on the forums are what I (and many other people) use to educate myself on most of my purchases - cars, trucks, snowmobile, atvs, camping equipment, electronics, etc. etc.

So while I agree that testing it out yourself is best, I don't think its all that feasible for most people.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If the Ram had 3.73s it couldn't run this test. To be rated for the 19000# trailer, the Ram needs the "Max Tow" package which requires the 4.10 gears and a few other goodies.

I did a lot of research before replacing my 2004 Ram with a Chev.

BTW, the 800ft-lb torque advertized by Ram drops off to 610 at 3000 rpm - an advertizing cheat IMHO

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
The 6.7 does Not have compound chargers, its a single.
It's like 1 and a half. I got a buddy with a 6.4 and he lists his stock turbo setup as a twin. Most Ford guys I have talked to call it a twin setup. You may want to go over ------> and tell the Ford guys that they don't have compounds or twins.
I'll stick with my DMax over a Ford anyday, no matter what I have to do with it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
when I replace the current truck, it will be a ford, but with the GM employee discount it might not be, I like my chevy and it is the second new 2500HD i have had, but with the current problems this truck has and or had and I only have 70k I will look else where, my truck lives in the garage is always clean but everything is breaking and rusting, I really like the new fords interior and body

·
Registered
202 Posts
After owning Ford diesel pick-ups exclusively since 1991, my most recent a 2008 F-450 4x4 , I can tell you without hesitation that the Duramax/Allison is superior in every way to the current offerings of Ford and Ram. I looked at all 3 very closely when choosing this time, no more blind loyalty to Ford or any brand. The GMC/Chevy is the best performing with my only complaint being a trailer brake controller that is not electric over hydraulic compatible and necessitating an aftermarket unit be installed and the factory ITBC be disabled, bringing up a "Service Trailer Brakes" on the DIC at every start up. At this time no solution is available, annoying but not a deal breaker.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts