Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone take delivery on their 2012's yet? My denali dually is being built this week!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes, from what I heard back in Feb from a friend who works as a salesmen at his uncle's gmc/chevy dealership on the north side of Atlanta. They're supposed to FINALLY have the room in the back seats like the Fords do. BOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Yes, from what I heard back in Feb from a friend who works as a salesmen at his uncle's gmc/chevy dealership on the north side of Atlanta. They're supposed to FINALLY have the room in the back seats like the Fords do. BOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!
I am looking forward to seeing what the 2013 trucks look like, but I love my 2008 too much to even think about it yet. But as far as the back seat goes, I never ride back there since I bought the truck. I make others ride there ! :drink

·
Registered
448 Posts
I never ride in the back of mine, but I use it for a lot of storage for things I use for work. I got the two seater section in the back on mine folded down flat. Occasionally people will be in the back of mine, but it just don't have the leg room the super duty has. I think they got like 3-4 more inches and it's a longer frame anyways.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
man these newer trucks i dont no man i would want a lmm or lbz and nothing newer

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
My trucks back seat is very nice. I have two friends that are 6'4" and they ride in the back all the time with comfort.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have the DU-HA under my backseat for storage. Works great to put stuff. I just can't fold the seat up anymore and use the floorboards for storage while it is in there, but hey, that is why I have a truck bed.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I would be happy if they put the 34 gallon tank in the short bed crew cabs. The 26 gallon on short bed sucks unless you spend $1000+ on a Titan Tank. Too Rich for my blood.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was going to wait until 2013, but we purchased a brand new fifth wheel this year and my LB7 just wouldnt pull it setup the way it is, definatly wont hurt my feelings that i ordered a 2012 i like the interiors that the denali offers. Sure the fords have nice interiors but thats it... id take a denali interior packaged with a perfect engine/transmission combo any day over a pig like the power stroke is. My lifted LB7 still will out tow my friends stock 2011 super duty pulling a 30' fully enclosed sled trailer in the mountains, 2 weeks into owning it on a trip to golden he fried his turbo on a hill we pulled, yet the ol duramax kept luggin away without skippin a beat, runnin 37's and an 8" lift. I definatly am excited to see how much better the lml will pull with the extra load ratings and horse power of the truck. Aside from our sled trailer my wife and i pull a 28' fifth wheel and a 20' boat on behind that.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
i was going to wait until 2013, but we purchased a brand new fifth wheel this year and my LB7 just wouldnt pull it setup the way it is, definatly wont hurt my feelings that i ordered a 2012 i like the interiors that the denali offers. Sure the fords have nice interiors but thats it... id take a denali interior packaged with a perfect engine/transmission combo any day over a pig like the power stroke is. My lifted LB7 still will out tow my friends stock 2011 super duty pulling a 30' fully enclosed sled trailer in the mountains, 2 weeks into owning it on a trip to golden he fried his turbo on a hill we pulled, yet the ol duramax kept luggin away without skippin a beat, runnin 37's and an 8" lift. I definatly am excited to see how much better the lml will pull with the extra load ratings and horse power of the truck. Aside from our sled trailer my wife and i pull a 28' fifth wheel and a 20' boat on behind that.
Your LB7 won't pull your current setup but it will out-pull the 2011 Ford?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would be happy if they put the 34 gallon tank in the short bed crew cabs. The 26 gallon on short bed sucks unless you spend $1000+ on a Titan Tank. Too Rich for my blood.
The LML's have 36 gallon fuel tanks in both short and long beds.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
We are due for the usual 1/2 cycle refresh of the dash etc.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope definatly not even close to properly. With the 8" lift and 37's even with flipped axles the fifth wheel wont be close to level, being a 2004 it just wasnt worth putting any more money into it for the parts needed to pull a fifth wheel.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I believe he was referring to the ford blowing up..the fact that the ford blew up brand new and the duramax being 7 years old and not blowing up means it tows better.
IMO if your truck blows up then it isn't towing anything anywhere..There for a Toyota Prius can out pull the 2011 ford!:thumb the prius won't stop either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I guess that answers his question no one has one yet. I know I've talked to you in the pressure welder My dealership says my 2012 should be in two weeks from this weekend. Will post pics as soon as it arrives

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats excellent news! i bet your excited

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The new 2011 truck has a 36 gallon tank on the short box crew cabs. You can finally get a 3500 short bed crew cab too.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts