Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this vehicle for heavy towing purposes. Is there anything I should do preventative wise to help It last longer. What are it’s weaknesses in your opinion? If you have this truck please let me know. Mine only has 48k miles on it and runs perfect but I’m looking towards the future and making it last as long as possible. I’ve heard they have weak tie rod ends and weak pitman and idler Arm? Is there any truth to this? Do you recommend the kryptonite tie rod sleeves and idler pitman supports? Or should I just leave it as is and just replace them when they were bad like on a normal car or truck? I have the airdog 2 lift pump-100. I plan on installing because I know that the CP4.2 Pump isn’t the best so I want to help it as much as I can. I know there’s a cp3 swap I can do but if I do that, it’ll be awhile because it’s expensive. The last thing I’ve done is add the Firestone air bags for additional load support in the rear suspension. Any recommendations or if I’m wrong in any way please correct me!! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts