The LML Duramax Suburban is finally here

The stance is equal to the new 2011-Current HD Pickup

OEM under the hood

I have to admit we do have a great time building these SUV's
Here is a video of the 3 generations all side by side

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Those are sweet!!!! Not sure why GM didn't offer this option?

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Build cost still the same 6-7K plus donor so 23-25K done. (SUV not included)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Since GM doesn't offer the 2500 frame on the SUV, what are you doing? Using the truck frame? Or the 1500 SUV frame? I assume all the drive train front end and rear end are swapped as well... Just curious, I wouldn't want the lml on a 1500 frame or drivetrain as that wouldn't last too long.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well crazycrew if you find a 2011 2500 Suburban for 25K then yes, but you may have to wait 4-5 years for that to realistically happen. :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Where do people get that idea?

My bad I thought they stopped making them. I stand corrected. I was thinking about the EXT I had and avalanche. Now if you could make a 2500 avalanche I would be interested.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,683 Posts
My bad I thought they stopped making them. I stand corrected. I was thinking about the EXT I had and avalanche. Now if you could make a 2500 avalanche I would be interested.
They can make an Avalanche and I'm fairly confident they have the Duramax in a 1500 frame without any issues as well.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Since GM doesn't offer the 2500 frame on the SUV, what are you doing? Using the truck frame? Or the 1500 SUV frame? I assume all the drive train front end and rear end are swapped as well... Just curious, I wouldn't want the lml on a 1500 frame or drivetrain as that wouldn't last too long.
you can get a suburban in a 2500, just not a 2500HD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct TDF,
We can build the 07-13 Avalanche in both 1500 or 2500, as well as the Denali XL and the Escalade ESV.

The 1500's hold up just fine so long as you leave them traction limited (blow the wheels off)
But if your going to hook it up hard it needs the 11.5 HD rear diff integration and leaf spring conversion.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Literally takes my breath away..:I love the duramax and would
Trade my lmm for one of these in heartbeat for my family if I could afford it!! Keep on innovating!!!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
That suburban is sweet. Great job dura burb.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is just to small of a market, we build about 50 SUV's per year but GM needs to build 50,000 to justify it. So for now this is the option

Eric

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
If I could trade my truck for a duramax avalanche with quadra-steer... I'd do it in a heartbeat!!! I know that's off topic but :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts