Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would have loved to get one of these, but I had to settle on an Excursion instead.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I picked up a clean 07.5 2500 suburban a few months back.... Its begging for a duramax. The 6.0 doesnt feel like it has near enough power.

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
He gave price earlier. Around $60K including do or if you can get one for around $30,000

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
thumb: badass

·
Super Moderator
1,151 Posts
That is seriously the ultimate vehicle.

• Turning radius equivalent to a small car (Not even exaggerating. 2015 Toyota Corolla turning radius? 35.6'. Quadrasteer Suburban turning radius? 35.2')
  • Probably gets mid 20 mpg's on the highway if it has a selectable economy tune
  • Could tow 12,000 lbs without breaking a sweat and could maneuver the trailer better than any truck out there
  • Can haul you, your wife, your four kids, and the dog with room to spare
  • Could blow the doors off most vehicles on the road
  • Bulletproof engine and transmission combination, given you aren't out bagging the piss out of it on a regular basis
It's only downside is that the quadrasteer is tough to find replacement parts for, and that you can't tow a gooseneck/fiver.

·
Registered
477 Posts
People that are in the market for duramax suburban are probably more interested in hauling people than hauling 5th wheels. That's why I bought my wife an Excursion. Hauls all the kids and can tow my 22' flatbed with some toys on it. My truck is for pulling the 5er.

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,999 Posts
That is seriously the ultimate vehicle.

• Turning radius equivalent to a small car (Not even exaggerating. 2015 Toyota Corolla turning radius? 35.6'. Quadrasteer Suburban turning radius? 35.2')
  • Probably gets mid 20 mpg's on the highway if it has a selectable economy tune
  • Could tow 12,000 lbs without breaking a sweat and could maneuver the trailer better than any truck out there
  • Can haul you, your wife, your four kids, and the dog with room to spare
  • Could blow the doors off most vehicles on the road
  • Bulletproof engine and transmission combination, given you aren't out bagging the piss out of it on a regular basis
It's only downside is that the quadrasteer is tough to find replacement parts for, and that you can't tow a gooseneck/fiver.
I didnt think that they'd use the quadrasteer rear end as it is not as durable as the HD. They replace the rear diff with the donor diff IIRC

·
Registered
27 Posts
TexasRedNeck the Quadrasteer rear axle (9.75") can be used behind a Duramax. Just don't want to put a whole lot of torque to it. About max you wanna throw at it would be about 900-1000 ft/lbs

·
Finally! Wheels on!
8,999 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. 900ft lbs. hmm. Should be sufficient in a burb. Lol. :thumb

41 - 54 of 54 Posts