Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was a relatively cold one this morning went out started the truck to warm up before leaving for work and noticed it sputtered a little which it never has before then let it sit while i did things in the house then as i get into the truck and it’s up to about 135 degrees i notice the oil pressure is quite high was idling at 50 psi so i get on the highway and it was reading about 90-100 cruising 75 i also have an edge cts2 monitor reading the pressures so later about 30 minutes ago i go for lunch let the truck idle cold it was idling at 80psi then warmed up to 50 psi then as i’m driving instantly goes clear to 100 maybe quarter to half throttle the edge oil psi gauge apparently maxed out at 100 i saw nothing over 100 but i’m wondering if it’s a cluster issue or sensor related any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
As oil pumps or any pump for that matter wear they tend to lose pressure rather than increase their pressure output.

Most likely culprit is a bad oil pressure sensor,................. located on the left side of the engine above the oil filter..................... Available at most auto parts houses

1 - 2 of 2 Posts