Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and not found anything that helps my issue specifically. I have 2013 chevy 2500 LML, full delete with efi live from PPEI and upgraded TCM from Dans Diesel. Truck has 200K on it now and has started acting up intermittently with service stabilitrak/traction control and going into limp mode. Thinking bad TCM, I pulled the TCM and sent in to have it tested back to DDP, all good there. Checked all the grounds and found no chaffing on wiring. Batteries tested good. I checked and cleaned all the connectors on the ECM as well. On the advice from DDP I changed out the pass through connector on the transmission with no change in the issue.

To get it to go into limp mode, I have the AC running on auto with temp set around 70-74, in heavy traffic (empty truck no trailer) on a hot day in north central Texas (90+ F). The transmission temp will get to 150-160 before it happens. The one thing that was odd to me was that when this happened my AC would stop blowing cold air! This prompted me to start looking into wiring and found that the ECM, TCM, and HVAC all run through the RUN/CRNK relay. So I picked one up from the autoparts store and swapped it, well it didn't help but I still had my old one. I pulled the new one and it was HOT as a firecracker!! Put the old one back in and it started fine and ran fine. I pulled all the associated fuses and tested them, they all tested fine.....

I just got back from a 4hr trip on the highway, no issues! I had the AC in manual mode temp at 74 and fan on 2 bars and little to no traffic ( air temp was from 70-85 on trip). Any thoughts or guidance would be helpfull! Thanks in advance!

· Registered
7,493 Posts
You might want to pick up your fuse box and examine the underside for any evidence of corrosion, rust, mice chewings, etc. Heat is often a byproduct of resistance in a circuit assuming the load is not too much and voltage is proper.

Many people have purchased lower-cost sensors, electrical parts, etc only to find that our trucks generally do much better with OEM equipment. Sometimes the cost differential can be significant, the performance of OEM is reliably better.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to pick up your fuse box and examine the underside for any evidence of corrosion, rust, mice chewings, etc. Heat is often a byproduct of resistance in a circuit assuming the load is not too much and voltage is proper.

Many people have purchased lower-cost sensors, electrical parts, etc only to find that our trucks generally do much better with OEM equipment. Sometimes the cost differential can be significant, the performance of OEM is reliably better.
I will pull the fuse box and check under it. I had that thought on the relay, swapped with one of the other GM relays in there and it still did the same thing. Appreciate the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.