Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone explain to me how I can get my sunglass holder to close again? I ended up taking off the plastic piece with the metal pin, then I put it back in, but now it just slides back and forth on the holder without locking it closed. Does the pin go into something? Right now it just rests on top of the plastic part with all the grease when I push it up to try and close it. I can't keep it closed now?

To see a clear picture of what I'm talking about, go to this link and see the first post showing a picture of it.

Link: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163572-dash-rattle-solved/

I also posted this question on gm-trucks.com to get an answer. Right now, I'm not getting any luck.

Link: Sunglasses Holder - 2014/2015 Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins - GM-Trucks.com

Also posted in the dmaxforum thread

Link: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-up-non-powertrain/500361-2015-rattle-bucket.html

·
Registered
846 Posts
Can you take pictures of your truck to show what is going on?

Also you disassembled it and now it doesn't work?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll get a picture, but it's pretty much the exact same thing that you'll see in the first link above, OP has a picture, also check post#34 on that link. All I did was pull the tab with the metal pin off. Once it was off, I pulled out the other plastic tab that's worthless. Then when I put the plastic piece with the metal pin back in, it won't lock onto the holder piece.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump

·
Registered
846 Posts
I would say if you have made nice with your dealer tell them the truth and see if they will replace it under warranty. Just be upfront and honest and say look this is what happened. What is the worse they can say... no

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan to bring it up to the dealer next time I go there, but it's not broken. It's just not sliding on the proper spot to lock it when I push up. I just need to see others, to compare & see where their metal pin is sliding.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5/11 apt to check this out. Lame

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Results are in. They will be replacing the entire unit with the sunglass holder due to that pin piece not latching on correctly. It's being covered under warranty and they have to order the unit in. Seemed really odd that one disfunctional plastic piece made it necessary to replace the entire thing ($350 part). So everybody keep in mind, that little piece with the pin is fragile, it may get damaged easily and pop out of place. You'll end up in the situation I'm in now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seemed really odd that one disfunctional plastic piece made it necessary to replace the entire thing ($350 part).
Just like the cheap clips on the window moldings.
If you remove the molding the clips are fragile and often destroyed.
You have to buy an entire new molding. They don't sell just the clips.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like a recipe for bankrupcy lol all joking aside, I'm glad I am finding the issues early in my truck rather than later after my warranty is up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.