Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2014 Denali LML and last week the AC quit and I started digging but cant find what the problem is.
I stated by checking the compressor, it was no engaging. Freon is full, fuses are good, swapped in a new HVAC control unit, new pressure sensor with no luck. I had another LML over and we ran thru some fuses and wires are the compressor. I found out that I have a ground at compressor plug, but no signal from the 12v to engage the compressor. I then went to the fuse, the ground it ran thru the fuse and it has no ground at the fuse. I grounded out the fuse and nothing, but I can pull the plug from the compressor and run a 12v and ground from the battery and it will engage and compressor and work fine. I don't know if I am looking for the fuse not being ground of if I should trace the 12v from the compressor wire to find the problem there.

I think it would be really helpful to have a wiring diagram of the truck or just the AC system.
What do you recommend testing or trying?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I didn't read thru the before posting, Some of it is a bit confusing. I cant for the life of me find the edit tab.
At the compressor plug I have a ground but the other prong is the 12v signal wire. It dose not send 12v when the AC snowflake is turned on like it should. Now at the AC compressor fuse the ground runs thru the fuse, but the fuse is not connected to a ground for some reason. Even jumping a wire from the battery - to the fuse will not kick the AC on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts