Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a 2014 lml denali crew cab and I plan on deleting and tuning it but this is my first duramax so any tips along the way would be greatly appreciated so far what I have ready to order is listed below and im sure im missing some things so please let me know your suggestions I have not ordered these yet just waiting until I have it all ready so let me know your opinions I will post pics as I go im looking to get 550-600 range but for now I just want to make it in the 500s then go from there
[/URL]

S&B CAI Dry filter
5" Flo Pro SS downpipe back no muffler
Titanium FASS 150
DPR EGR Blocker plate
DPR PCV Reroute
PPEI Autocal by Kory Willis
Edge CTS with EGT Probe
WeatherTech

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just ordered some weathertech digital fit mats and window deflectors now I'm about to buy the 5" flo pro ss down pipe back no muffler , will I need to buy a downpipe or is the stock good enough?

·
Registered
491 Posts
well heres my thoughts.. if you want 550-600.. your not doing it on the CP4... so u would need the cp3 and conversion eventually... the cp3 won't fit without fully removing your EGR.. so you should probably look into a complete EGR removal kit not just the blocker plates. everything else looks good tho.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was told in the 2014 and 15 that the cp4 was fixed now it's a cp4.2 now but to do the conversion in the 2011-2013 I could be wrong but I was hoping to skip the cp3 conversion

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
As for your downpipe question, you could always stick with the stock one, but if you're already replacing the exhaust, why not just go ahead and knock out the down-pipe....or you could do the downpipe when and if you delete the EGR and replace the up pipe (if you go that route). The stock one has a lot of restrictions but in the end, if you're looking for tons of power, it would probably be best to get rid of any restriction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As for your downpipe question, you could always stick with the stock one, but if you're already replacing the exhaust, why not just go ahead and knock out the down-pipe....or you could do the downpipe when and if you delete the EGR and replace the up pipe (if you go that route). The stock one has a lot of restrictions but in the end, if you're looking for tons of power, it would probably be best to get rid of any restriction.
I decided to go with a full egr delete and was thinking mbrp downpipe now can I get your opinion on this cp3 conversion? If so I'm just going to go all out and dual cp3 and buy some more parts get 600+

·
Registered
491 Posts
Brad im not saying the CP4 is a problem.. even tho 2014 and 2015's have failed... your calling for 600 hp which your not going to get... the CP4 barely gets threw 500.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brad im not saying the CP4 is a problem.. even tho 2014 and 2015's have failed... your calling for 600 hp which your not going to get... the CP4 barely gets threw 500.
Ok but for now I am just trying to get into the 500+ range the parts I listed so far is all I plan on buying for now maybe later down the road when I make it an all out race truck I will do the cp3 conversion but could you tell me some of the benefits to doing a cp3 conversion

·
Registered
491 Posts
mine with a lift pump with a 525 tune and i feel it hesitate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your looking for 600 may want to start thinking about a solid trans build. If you wanna make it an all out race truck eventually should consider doing it once and as the motor gets more and more powerful all you have to change is the converter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for now im just looking to get 500+ and keep the cp4 until I decide if I want to build this as a race truck or just build my car im sure this truck at 500+ will be plenty enough to have some fun in and haul whatever I need

·
Registered
491 Posts
CP3 u can just do the CP3k .. which is like 999 and then either Fleece or WcFab conversion kit. I just got the Exergy 10mm Stroker Cp3.. Have to order my Conversion kit now. I am going Wcfab. Then I'm going to order the new turbo setup. Danville 68mm Stg2r... My transmission will be probably a month or 2 out.. hopefully it will last that long, i don't really beat on my truck that much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I think for now im just going to order my exhaust, downpipe, egr blocker plate, ppei kory willis tunes, fass 150 titanium, and then just do more as I go and learn more I dont beat on my trucks especially this one its brand new I love it so I want to buy the best parts for it I can and just kinda make it come alive so I can have some fun when I want

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Just ordered the 5" Flo Pro SS DP back no muffler got it for $476, DRP block plates for now, and PCV reroute now im looking at the mbrp downpipe but it says the mbrp downpipe doesnt effect emissions? when I get the ppei autocal with korys tunes will it delete everything after I install all of this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Recieved my flo pro, egr plates, and pcv reroute now im waiting on my fass 150 and my ppei kory willis tunes anything else I should look into?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.