Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I ordered 2015 Denali 3500 Dually on 4/7/14 and dealership calls today, and says I should have VIN# this week. Really wanting new chrome power folding tow mirrors, Seen in a post on here. Does anyone know if this is possible to get w/ this build Date?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Negative. 2016s

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Those mirrors are 'announced' but not 'released'.

However, I'll bet we see them before 2016.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I meant on the 2016 year model for the Denali, so whenever the '16s come out you should be able to order them, which will be before 2016.

·
Registered
67 Posts
From my connect at the factory all denali, LTZ, high country and all terrains made from july on are suppose to have the new mirrors. There are a large amount of trucks coming through tgat already have the new mirrors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My 2015 denali was going into to production this week. So the guy you know saying that the truck going through should have the new mirrors now?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah it would be nice if it had them on it but I know it probably doesn't. But since your bud see them coming through the gates with them maybe I will be lucky. I figure it will be more then a $55 upgrade on the sticker price for the tow mirrors though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you want to upgrade to the new tow mirrors and want your truck now, it will be cheaper to order your new truck with the small folding mirrors now, and the wiring harness will be closer to the same for the big folding tow mirrors. That way you already have the button on the door above the window buttons to make them fold. Otherwise you will have to buy that piece also and have your dealer reprogram the BCM which is usually $70-100 bucks because they have to buy the program from GM to issue to your vin. Another thing that has come up is the reverse lights that are built into the new style mirrors. You may have to get creative with wiring them up because currently there are no provisions in the harness now for them. I am told it won't be "Plug and Play" like swapping mirrors in the past, esp. for trucks older than the '15's, though some of it will.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you want to upgrade to the new tow mirrors and want your truck now, it will be cheaper to order your new truck with the small folding mirrors now, and the wiring harness will be closer to the same for the big folding tow mirrors. That way you already have the button on the door above the window buttons to make them fold. Otherwise you will have to buy that piece also and have your dealer reprogram the BCM which is usually $70-100 bucks because they have to buy the program from GM to issue to your vin. Another thing that has come up is the reverse lights that are built into the new style mirrors. You may have to get creative with wiring them up because currently there are no provisions in the harness now for them. I am told it won't be "Plug and Play" like swapping mirrors in the past, esp. for trucks older than the '15's, though some of it will.
Since they are getting the new tows now anyway it doesnt matter. Thats what I originally thought too but the harness will still be different because it has to be tied into the reverse light and have another turn signal wire. But if you already have your truck and have the standard power fold you are better off than me. I will have to get new mirror buttons with mine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I have good news (For you not me...lol). So I just talked to him and he said that the denalis are coming through with the new mirrors now.

That's awesome. Does he have any picture of the Denali with new mirrors on it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's cool ready to see few more trucks with the new mirrors

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I understand, on the 15's, if you have the standard mirror you can't swap to tow mirrors, period. There are three studs built into the doors to hold tow mirrors now. Standard mirror trucks only have two studs.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts
From what I understand, on the 15's, if you have the standard mirror you can't swap to tow mirrors, period. There are three studs built into the doors to hold tow mirrors now. Standard mirror trucks only have two studs.

The chances of this being true are slim to nil.

Sent from the belly of the beast

·
Registered
200 Posts
HeyyyyeyoucrazyyWaiting to order my truck until these new mirrors are available.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.