Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
For my use, the power folding is much more important than the power extending. If the reverse lights work well, I would much rather have those than the power extend too. But it would have been nice if GM could have put it all together the first time.

I'm waiting for all the details to be final (new blue color, wheels, etc.) and my order goes in. Should be end of this month.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Obviously, I like the power-fold for parking. I typically park way out in parking lots, but the mirrors are so susceptible to idots walking into them. Many times when hooking up my TH, I am the idiot that forgets to extend the mirrors until I am on my way so the power-extend is important to me. Unlike you, I already have my truck so it will be an add-on for me.

You mentioned new wheels .... I saw that in the "fleet order guide". Have you seen pics? I imagine they will be the wheel standard on the High Country available to all models. Like the current tow mirrors, the GM 20" wheels are tired and in need of a re-design.
I have not seen pictures yet. I think someone posted the 18" wheels look the same but maybe have a new finish. I like the Sierra 18" wheels as they are and I would be fine with that. No doubt I would prefer the power extend too, but the power fold will get used probably daily on mine.

I recently saw some photos of the 2015 HDs testing out the next gen Duramax. The Silverado had the new mirrors in all black (no chrome). Looks like the new motor will have functional air vents on the hood. They were under one of those camo wraps so you can't really tell.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I gave them my order number last Tuesday and asked if they could find a picture of the new 20" wheels as well as confirm that the new tow mirrors do have the led back up lights in them as the description on the order sheet does not mention them but it could be a shortened description. They have gotten back to me saying they have the info I asked about but they are waiting for my dealer to give them the production week of my truck. I waited a long time to order because I wanted the back up led lights in the mirror so hopefully it has them when it shows up. It does has the option code Dqs on the order sheet but they could have changed the final production mirror. Patiently waiting for details and a tpw
I sure hope they have those lights too. I remember when I bought a new Z71 Tahoe years ago, it was the first year of the Z71 on that new model, the brochure and website showed round flood lights up in the back of the roof rack. I was stoked as we camp a lot and that would have been useful. Needless to say, despite all of the advertising on about it, the production trucks did not have the lights.

Hope that does not happen again. Given that we have seen photos of live trucks w/ the lights, I think you are safe. At least we know they have power folding, and honestly, I like the visibility of that extra turn signal on the outside of the mirror.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My truck just rolled off the transport today. Love it!!! However, it was built Thursday 8/14. Just an update to you all, does not have the mid-year updates. Was kinda hoping for it, but, oh well, seeing the regular mirrors on this truck, I still like the looks of them. Badass looking rig though!!:gearjamin
I think you just missed them. 8/25 was the stated date for the new features. But if you don't need the power fold, who cares. Still a killer truck.

Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
435 Posts
From the order guide:
Week of 8/4/2014

Effective 8/4/2014, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Someone else posted earlier that 8/25 was supposed to be first production with the DQS mirrors.
That was me. Seems to all match up. Order guide changed 8/4, production w/ those changes starts a few weeks later on 8/25. And now we know a truck built on 8/14 did not get the new mirrors. The original info I shared was also correct about manual extension being a carry over feature on the mirrors.

I gotta give you credit redwngr, you know the GM order guide back and front. Has all the research into the 2015s given you any temptation? GM should pay you for all of the info you add on the new models!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Lots. But I'm not in any rush.

I'm looking -- researching questions, comments and opinions from/for others helps me in my decision.

It's been interesting to watch how items and wording the guide have changed during the release process.

DQS is/was a classic. When first added to the guide, wording was unclear about power extend, but it has been changed to make it clear that DQS is power fold, manual extend.
If nothing else, we musty have set some sort of record discussing mirrors on a forum! LOL. I am ordering mine in a few hours, I will see if I can get any new info. As of Monday, my dealer said the price for DQS still did not show. Maybe today.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It also reads like the DPN mirror will now include the backup light and forward blinker /marker light

DPN NEW! Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper upper glass, manual-folding and extending, black. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp
That is good to hear. I bet most will prefer it without the chrome caps anyways, and if you don't care about power folding at least you get the new light package, which I see value in.

Do the old $55 upgrade black mirrors get replaced with these DPN, or can you still build with them?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I asked my dealer just last week when I sent him a picture of the new 2015 GMC Sierra Denali HD's with the new mirrors. He said he was unaware of an update & he would get back to me once he found out. I followed up again early this week & he said he hasn't received any new info on being able to order them. So at this point, I feel like they don't have a clue. I think I know more about their product then they do.
Once they get into their order system they will see it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I ordered a fully loaded SLT with the towing mirrors, order was placed about 2 weeks ago, however I doubt its even close to being built yet. Are the chances good our dually will come with the new mirrors?
Yes. Your dealer can tell you for sure. They can see the order code for the mirrors on your order. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and did get the DQS mirrors (on a Denali though, SLT should get them too).

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just saw videos of the new mirrors installed on a Silverado 1/2 ton. WOW, they look awesome. I happen to like the chrome caps and bottoms even though most here hate on them. Makes the truck look much more complete. The outer markers do indeed double as turn indicators, and it sounds like the reverse lights double as puddle lamps when approaching the truck. Well done GM... even if the bottom mirror is not heated or power adjustable. We're getting closer :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
agreed, ive owned 3 black duramax's now and while I think nothing can be a freshly washed black truck I am looking forward to a colour that hides the dirt and scratches better.
I was really tempted by that bronze color. It is beautiful. You can order it on Denali now, but I don't think it will look as nice as it does on the SLT.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sure wish that was an option when I got my Denali Grrr.... Interested to see if an upgrade is possible for the 15s? Whats all involved? Harness switch etc.
I almost added in your build thread reply how great these would look on your truck :poke[1]:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just spoke with 2 of my local dealers on having my tow mirrors retrofitted to the new (DQS RPO) style. And I was told by both that it would be very uneconomical to have them retrofitted. It'd take new wiring & them having to tear down the truck to rebuild it to accept the new mirrors. I was looking at thousands upon thousands to have them retrofitted. They said there's just something different on tth the 1st build 2015's compared to the updated ones. So it looks as if my only option other than keeping my current mirrors would be to get some aftermarket ones. I'm pretty shocked that they wouldn't be able to do this. It almost feels like I, as a GMC customer, was short changed for purchasing mine right away rather than waiting for the updated 2015's. So no powerfolding with amber turn signals for me unfortunately.
That is a bummer, but I'm sure the creative minds on this site will figure it out for a lot less than that. I would not feel short changed by GM though. This information has been out really since early April w/ the announcement of the High Country. A lot of us knew these were coming. I waited to order mine just to get them, but I was not in a rush. Others needed their truck and decided to forego these new mirrors. But GM should always be looking to make improvements. I'm sure the next set of revisions will have me wanting something too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.