Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All, new here, hope I'm asking this in the right place. I purchased my 2015 on Sept 20 with a build date of 8-14 I think. I drove off the lot and saw another truck with the new mirrors... errr anyhow fast forward and I have installed these mirrors. i have everything working as designed except the fold. I have one big question and its about mirror switch part numbers.

I know of 4 part numbers and I know two of them don't work with my truck harness.

Now looking at wiring diagrams and these two connector styles it seems they make a mirror switch that works with powerfold and a vehicle that doesn't have memory recall. the wiring diagram points to that but who knows. I am really trying to find out if they make a mirror switch that plugs into the connector for a powerfold mirror that doesn't have memory seats.
:help

Does anyone own a 2014-1500 silverado/sierra or 2015 silverado/sierra with powerfold mirror but doesnt have memory recall seats????

Does anyone have a part number for a mirror switch that has the fold button and connects to the harness in this first image?
the last image is the mirror switch connector with memory seats
Diagram Line art Line Parallel Technical drawing

Text Font Document Design Parallel

Text Diagram Parallel Line Design

Line art Diagram Architecture Technical drawing Parallel

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did you get the lights working? Rewire or reprogram BCM reflash?
did the re-wire but through the existing door harness connection at the cab. added pin 9(cargolight), pin 41(turnsignal) and pin 11 for parking lights

·
Registered
8 Posts
Arent the early 2015 tow mirrors the same as the prior years? I know they are the same mirror but I guess I haven't paid close enough attention to the base where it mounts.
From the hinge out they are the same from what I can tell... but the mount is different pre 15 had a ridged plastic on the outside face the 15+ are smooth just from a visual standpoint at the mount. I have had one of these apart and u could probably swap the mount from the old over to the new mirror... but I'm not certain on that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think that is going to work... I did have some of my new mirror apart(sorry I have it all back together, mounted and should have taken pictures) and from the looks of it the motor is in the mount side... there is also a control module that sets inside the mount. I don't think there is room for the module either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2015 Denali 2500HD I just did the mirror swap from DL3 to DQS and everything works great! Plug n Play except for the amber parking lights and the cargo lights, with Boatsalvage instructions the amber light wiring fix is simple and works great thank you Boatsalvage, Now for the cargo lights I found the WH/VT wire on the passenger side for the cab lights and tied into it and ran two wires, one to each side of cab, Now here's the Question! What wire do I tie into for the cargo lights to work in the mirror? is it inside the door? or inside the cab? If anyone has done this please help..:help:help
on the passenger side remove the fuse box on the dash... should be three harness plugs two on the front one on the back, the harness that connects to the back of it has the cargo light wire in it... it is the white one with the violet stripe, i think it was pin 17 but i'm not positive on the pin number, either way it is the only one of that color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
on the passenger side remove the fuse box on the dash... should be three harness plugs two on the front one on the back, the harness that connects to the back of it has the cargo light wire in it... it is the white one with the violet stripe, i think it was pin 17 but i'm not positive on the pin number, either way it is the only one of that color.
sorry i read that wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry i read that wrong
it is the yellow wire coming from the mirror... on mine it was not in any other harness except the mirror pigtail. had to run all the way up to there and tie it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 high country and I need to know which color wire to splice for the Amber running lights?

Thanks
Orange wire in the mirror and depending on truck u will find the parking lamp wire on both sides or just the passenger side... it is the VT/GY on drivers side and GY/BN on passenger side. I tied both of mine into the passenger side because I tied into the cargo lamp as well on the passenger side.. just quicker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.