Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Those mirrors are 'announced' but not 'released'.

However, I'll bet we see them before 2016.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Dodge mirrors have 2 positions. Flipped up/out, down/in.

Just sayin.....

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
The trucks that went thru may have been trial builds rather than 'for sale' builds.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Yeah, but you probably have the unfair advantage of a functioning brain. I'm not so fortunate. I hook up the trailer, start to drive away, then realize my mirrors are still in. So I have to stop, get out, and pull them out. Then the same thing happens when I unhook the trailer.
haha, I do the same dam thing!
You could do like the dodge guys around here and leave them in 'tow' all the time.:poke[1]:

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
^^^ Yupp, that's been posted before.

We're just waiting for someone to actually get there hands on a DQS equipped truck to verify.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
They've changed the description for the DQS mirrors.

Now reads 'power folding and manual extending'.

(they inserted the word 'manual')

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Order guide shows DQS standard on 3500 denali, optional on 2500 denali, not avail on 1500 denali.

Also shows DQS available on 2500 SLE and SLT.

The old heated mirrors (DPN) are available on 2500 base and SLE

Base 2500 also has the standard (DF2) non-heated camper mirrors available.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Trucks produced after this date will automatically get the power fold tow mirrors? Is there anywhere where this information can be found? Mine is scheduled to be built sept 8th.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
From the order guide:
Week of 8/4/2014

Effective 8/4/2014, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Exterior section-(DQS) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, updated extended description to read "outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, memory equipped, upper glass, power-folding and extending, chrome. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power-adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp".

Someone else posted earlier that 8/25 was supposed to be first production with the DQS mirrors.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
That was me. Seems to all match up. Order guide changed 8/4, production w/ those changes starts a few weeks later on 8/25. And now we know a truck built on 8/14 did not get the new mirrors. The original info I shared was also correct about manual extension being a carry over feature on the mirrors.

I gotta give you credit redwngr, you know the GM order guide back and front. Has all the research into the 2015s given you any temptation? GM should pay you for all of the info you add on the new models!
Lots. But I'm not in any rush.

I'm looking -- researching questions, comments and opinions from/for others helps me in my decision.

It's been interesting to watch how items and wording the guide have changed during the release process.

DQS is/was a classic. When first added to the guide, wording was unclear about power extend, but it has been changed to make it clear that DQS is power fold, manual extend.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
By the way guys, the mirrors are power folding, but MANUAL extending.
This is straight from my gm rep. 100% accurate information.
Yup. This has been confirmed for a while.
And they also modified the wording in the order guide so that it now clearly says the same thing - DQS mirrors are manual extend, power fold.

It also reads like the DPN mirror will now include the backup light and forward blinker /marker light

DPN NEW! Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper upper glass, manual-folding and extending, black. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
That is good to hear. I bet most will prefer it without the chrome caps anyways, and if you don't care about power folding at least you get the new light package, which I see value in.

Do the old $55 upgrade black mirrors get replaced with these DPN, or can you still build with them?
Looks like the DF2's and DPN's are currently the tow mirror choices on the work truck trim level.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
The new DPN description from order guide is in post #151 above.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Briankinley2004 - So you ordered the DQS power folding mirrors? My dealer told me they aren't available?
When did the dealer tell you that?

They should be available now - are you hearing different?

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
There are 2 versions of the new style mirror. (with and without power fold) (DQS and DPN). Availability depends on trim level.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
I ordered a fully loaded SLT with the towing mirrors, order was placed about 2 weeks ago, however I doubt its even close to being built yet. Are the chances good our dually will come with the new mirrors?
I would bet yes your SLT will get the power fold version of the new mirrors.

Someone else had infor the new mirrors were installing beginning about 8/25.

As you can see in this link, the SLT gets power fold, the SLE gets new style, but without power fold.

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Should be able to order them when they start showing up on production trucks.

They will need to have them available as a 'crash part'.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.