Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
261 - 280 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Dealer just called my ordered 2015-5 denalis invoice arrived and due date is in 2 weeks. The power folding option was $230.00
The DQS mirrors are also $230 on a 1500 SLT (but also requires the max tow pkg)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thought I would give a little feedback. My 2015.5 2500HD LT was built on 8/28 and shipped on 9/15. The updates from gm customer service by private message through this forum have been weekly and excellent.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was getting them weekly until they emailed me my build sheet. Haven't heard from them since but now my dealer has updated me. Maybe they hand off when it hits shipping. They definitely know more than the dealer during the production process.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mirrors look freaking awesome, any other trucks come in yet with them ? Also for anyone interested if you want faster even daily updates you can goto gmcs website and goto their live chat and they can tell you your build status in about 2 min

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Sad day for 2015 1st builld stage HD's

I just spoke with 2 of my local dealers on having my tow mirrors retrofitted to the new (DQS RPO) style. And I was told by both that it would be very uneconomical to have them retrofitted. It'd take new wiring & them having to tear down the truck to rebuild it to accept the new mirrors. I was looking at thousands upon thousands to have them retrofitted. They said there's just something different on tth the 1st build 2015's compared to the updated ones. So it looks as if my only option other than keeping my current mirrors would be to get some aftermarket ones. I'm pretty shocked that they wouldn't be able to do this. It almost feels like I, as a GMC customer, was short changed for purchasing mine right away rather than waiting for the updated 2015's. So no powerfolding with amber turn signals for me unfortunately.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just spoke with 2 of my local dealers on having my tow mirrors retrofitted to the new (DQS RPO) style. And I was told by both that it would be very uneconomical to have them retrofitted. It'd take new wiring & them having to tear down the truck to rebuild it to accept the new mirrors. I was looking at thousands upon thousands to have them retrofitted. They said there's just something different on tth the 1st build 2015's compared to the updated ones. So it looks as if my only option other than keeping my current mirrors would be to get some aftermarket ones. I'm pretty shocked that they wouldn't be able to do this. It almost feels like I, as a GMC customer, was short changed for purchasing mine right away rather than waiting for the updated 2015's. So no powerfolding with amber turn signals for me unfortunately.
Look here! http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-up-non-powertrain/463786-new-mirrors-can-they-ordered-yet-5.html

You can get the mirrors and switch for about $950. Almost all the functions work. People are still working the kinks out. I never take the dealers word anyways. That's why most of us are members on this board. We can get input from other owners and get information from "first hand experience." Not on speculation and guess work.

·
Registered
435 Posts
That is a bummer, but I'm sure the creative minds on this site will figure it out for a lot less than that. I would not feel short changed by GM though. This information has been out really since early April w/ the announcement of the High Country. A lot of us knew these were coming. I waited to order mine just to get them, but I was not in a rush. Others needed their truck and decided to forego these new mirrors. But GM should always be looking to make improvements. I'm sure the next set of revisions will have me wanting something too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay guys... I figured out the easiest way to get the back up lights to work. Under the dash, there is a brown 26 pin plug. The wire that controls the back up lights for both backing up and for puddle lights is the blue wire in pin 26. I hooked up a wire splice to that and ran a separate line to the yellow wire for the mirror. This was easier than running a wire from the fuse box inside the engine compartment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Okay guys... I figured out the easiest way to get the back up lights to work. Under the dash, there is a brown 26 pin plug. The wire that controls the back up lights for both backing up and for puddle lights is the blue wire in pin 26. I hooked up a wire splice to that and ran a separate line to the yellow wire for the mirror. This was easier than running a wire from the fuse box inside the engine compartment.
What year/model truck do you have?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Couple of guys are doing this on the 1/2 ton forums...make sure you run a diode so electricity can only run one way and not just a solid wire!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Couple of guys are doing this on the 1/2 ton forums...make sure you run a diode so electricity can only run one way and not just a solid wire!!
Why would you need a diode when the wire is just a control wire telling it when to turn on and off? From what I understand, the entire mirror has power to it. The rest of the wires are just control wires.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
2015 Denali
You could do the same for the running lights. I just ran 18 gauge wire to each mirror. My truck did not originally have power folding so I switched out the switch and everything worked normally.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Which switch are you talking about, my 2015 has the old style camper mirrors

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which switch are you talking about, my 2015 has the old style camper mirrors
I replaced the mirror control switch. You do not need to re wire the power folding part. The only re wire part necessary is the back up lights (which after having the back up lights for 2 nights now, are very blinding as puddle lights) and the clearance lights. I left them as turning signals since I like that look better.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
2015 Denali
You could do the same for the running lights. I just ran 18 gauge wire to each mirror. My truck did not originally have power folding so I switched out the switch and everything worked normally.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Let me make sure I understand this ... you originally had the old-style, non-power folding camper-style mirrors (like mine in my avatar). You added the 3-button door switch to replace the original 2-button door switch only and mounted and plugged in the new camper mirrors and the power-fold feature worked?

What about the angle-down in reverse feature?

Did the auto-fold with the key fob feature work as well?

So, no re-flash was necessary at the dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let me make sure I understand this ... you originally had the old-style, non-power folding camper-style mirrors (like mine in my avatar). You added the 3-button door switch to replace the original 2-button door switch only and mounted and plugged in the new camper mirrors and the power-fold feature worked?

What about the angle-down in reverse feature?

Did the auto-fold with the key fob feature work as well?

So, no re-flash was necessary at the dealer?
Yes, I had the old style non folding mirrors. All I did was install the 3 button mirror switch and installed the mirrors. The power folding worked, the turn signal worked, the heat worked. I had to re wire it in order to have the Amber clearance lights work (I chose the turn signal option which was easier). I had to run a wire to the back up lights from under the dash (I believe the wire I used was from a brown 26 pin plug, solid blue wire in pin #26). At the same time, since I was pulling wires, I pulled an extra wire just in case I decide in the future to change how I have the Amber lights running.

The auto fold option, when pushing the key fob, needs to be programmed at the dealer and I just have to figure out when I have time to take my truck there. The power fold works only when physical pushing the new 3 button switch. The reverse tilt will do the same after programmed. There is no "need" to re-flash at the dealer. But if you want the auto fold and reverse tilt to work, a re flash is required.

261 - 280 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.