Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
281 - 300 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, I had the old style non folding mirrors. All I did was install the 3 button mirror switch and installed the mirrors. The power folding worked, the turn signal worked, the heat worked. I had to re wire it in order to have the Amber clearance lights work (I chose the turn signal option which was easier). I had to run a wire to the back up lights from under the dash (I believe the wire I used was from a brown 26 pin plug, solid blue wire in pin #26). At the same time, since I was pulling wires, I pulled an extra wire just in case I decide in the future to change how I have the Amber lights running.

The auto fold option, when pushing the key fob, needs to be programmed at the dealer and I just have to figure out when I have time to take my truck there. The power fold works only when physical pushing the new 3 button switch. The reverse tilt will do the same after programmed. There is no "need" to re-flash at the dealer. But if you want the auto fold and reverse tilt to work, a re flash is required.
That is great news ... thanks for the reply.

If or when you get the re-flash for the auto-fold/reverse tilt, please post whether successful or not.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Truck pics
Wait a minute ... that LTZ has chrome window trim like the GMC Denali's & SLT's. My LTZ doesn't ... ! Another mid-year change?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would appreciate the part numbers for the power fold mirrors and switch. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There is a guy that has posted about selling them somewhere on here and on eBay I believe but here are the numbers:

22960565 Driver side outside rear view mirror; extra bright chrome. WIDE LOAD, VERTICAL GLASS, MANUALLY EXTENDING, POWER FOLDING, HEATED, TURN SIGNAL OUTSIDE MIRROR.

22960566 Passenger side outside rear view mirror; extra bright chrome. WIDE LOAD, VERTICAL GLASS, MANUALLY EXTENDING, POWER FOLDING, HEATED, TURN SIGNAL OUTSIDE MIRROR.

23154705 F-(S)Switch

·
Registered
128 Posts
My dealer says the DQS mirrors are not an option yet on the LTZ trim. He sees them as an option on the High Country.

Does this match what everyone else is seeing?

·
Registered
461 Posts
My dealer says the DQS mirrors are not an option yet on the LTZ trim. He sees them as an option on the High Country.

Does this match what everyone else is seeing?

Hmmmmm ..... really?

This looks like an LTZ to me as uploaded by a forum member in an earlier post ...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
They're available on LTZ in the fleet order guide, so you should be able to order.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not sure what the fleet order guide is.

Do they make a few before they let dealers order them? Cause by the pics they clearly are making them.

I guess I'm not questioning if they exist. I'm really questioning if my dealer should be able to order one at this point.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My dealer says "I've seen one in person" when he was in Detroit. But says he can't order it yet. Frustrating as I am ready to order as soon as the window of availability opens up...

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
If your dealer doesn't want to order one for you, go see one that wants your business.

I've got them ordered on an SLT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone found a way override the led backup lights to be able to turn on when in drive. I want them when i pull into the garage to be able to see down the side of the truck on the passenger side so I don't hit the door at night.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok everyone who is trying to figure out the reverse light deal. From the factory my High Country will only turn on the LED's on the mirrors when I press the button to turn on the cargo lights. So If I put the truck in reverse they do not come on unless you turn on the cargo lamps. Deuce if your in drive you cannot turn the LED's on from the factory setting. You may want to back into your garage. I haven't read through the manual yet so there may be a way to change some settings but for now the only way I can get these LED's lit is with the cargo lamp switch either in park or reverse.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I also think them not coming on in forward gear is a safety issue. If someone didn't turn off the cargo lamp and drove down the road that may cause an issue with traffic

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I also think them not coming on in forward gear is a safety issue. If someone didn't turn off the cargo lamp and drove down the road that may cause an issue with traffic
... very true and probably more of a safety issue with the mirror LED rear facing lights. From what I have seen in photos, they are pretty darn bright. I don't think GM needs anymore law suits regarding safety at the moment.

281 - 300 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.