Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
301 - 320 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yes, I had the old style non folding mirrors. All I did was install the 3 button mirror switch and installed the mirrors. The power folding worked, the turn signal worked, the heat worked. I had to re wire it in order to have the Amber clearance lights work (I chose the turn signal option which was easier). I had to run a wire to the back up lights from under the dash (I believe the wire I used was from a brown 26 pin plug, solid blue wire in pin #26). At the same time, since I was pulling wires, I pulled an extra wire just in case I decide in the future to change how I have the Amber lights running.

The auto fold option, when pushing the key fob, needs to be programmed at the dealer and I just have to figure out when I have time to take my truck there. The power fold works only when physical pushing the new 3 button switch. The reverse tilt will do the same after programmed. There is no "need" to re-flash at the dealer. But if you want the auto fold and reverse tilt to work, a re flash is required.
That is great news ... thanks for the reply.

If or when you get the re-flash for the auto-fold/reverse tilt, please post whether successful or not.
Has anyone had the ECM re-flash done for the auto-fold and reverse tilt to work? I met and was talking to a GMC recall rep last weekend and he said GM has strict instructions to their dealers not to re-flash ANY ECM's for additional features for a while. GM wants to keep all their vehicles with their born-with features for a while because of their saftey lawsuits.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here is a pic of the LED mirror lights / cargo light on. ( reverse lights are not on ). They are super bright. Picture doesn't really do it justice but though I would share anyways. A bonus backing into a dark campsite!

Night Light Darkness Sky Vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here is a pic of the LED mirror lights / cargo light on. ( reverse lights are not on ). They are super bright. Picture doesn't really do it justice but though I would share anyways. A bonus backing into a dark campsite!

View attachment 520810

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
... now that is the benefit I am looking for .... !!!!!

We are all the time arriving and setting up in the dark.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here is my mirror shot. Definitely happy to have the power fold. Also like the LED lights, they really illuminate well behind the truck. You can also manually fold these mirrors all the way forward and thus use these lights to illuminate straight out to the sides. Could be convenient for cleaning a campsite in the dark.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I still don't understand why GM didn't make them power extending as well? That is one feature of the ford that I have liked for a long time. Any chance the 2016's will be power extend? I'm not quite ready to give up my LMM yet but with the rumor of more power in 2016 or 17, I'll be upgrading when that is released and would love power extending mirrors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All, new here, hope I'm asking this in the right place. I purchased my 2015 on Sept 20 with a build date of 8-14 I think. I drove off the lot and saw another truck with the new mirrors... errr anyhow fast forward and I have installed these mirrors. i have everything working as designed except the fold. I have one big question and its about mirror switch part numbers.

I know of 4 part numbers and I know two of them don't work with my truck harness.

Now looking at wiring diagrams and these two connector styles it seems they make a mirror switch that works with powerfold and a vehicle that doesn't have memory recall. the wiring diagram points to that but who knows. I am really trying to find out if they make a mirror switch that plugs into the connector for a powerfold mirror that doesn't have memory seats.
:help

Does anyone own a 2014-1500 silverado/sierra or 2015 silverado/sierra with powerfold mirror but doesnt have memory recall seats????

Does anyone have a part number for a mirror switch that has the fold button and connects to the harness in this first image?
the last image is the mirror switch connector with memory seats
Diagram Line art Line Parallel Technical drawing

Text Font Document Design Parallel

Text Diagram Parallel Line Design

Line art Diagram Architecture Technical drawing Parallel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lights

Hi All, new here, hope I'm asking this in the right place. I purchased my 2015 on Sept 20 with a build date of 8-14 I think. I drove off the lot and saw another truck with the new mirrors... errr anyhow fast forward and I have installed these mirrors. i have everything working as designed except the fold. I have one big question and its about mirror switch part numbers.

I know of 4 part numbers and I know two of them don't work with my truck harness.

Now looking at wiring diagrams and these two connector styles it seems they make a mirror switch that works with powerfold and a vehicle that doesn't have memory recall. the wiring diagram points to that but who knows. I am really trying to find out if they make a mirror switch that plugs into the connector for a powerfold mirror that doesn't have memory seats.
:help

Does anyone own a 2014-1500 silverado/sierra or 2015 silverado/sierra with powerfold mirror but doesnt have memory recall seats????

Does anyone have a part number for a mirror switch that has the fold button and connects to the harness in this first image?
the last image is the mirror switch connector with memory seats
View attachment 540498
View attachment 540474
View attachment 540482
View attachment 540490

How did you get the lights working? Rewire or reprogram BCM reflash?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did you get the lights working? Rewire or reprogram BCM reflash?
did the re-wire but through the existing door harness connection at the cab. added pin 9(cargolight), pin 41(turnsignal) and pin 11 for parking lights

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anyone out these on an LMM or 11-14 LML? I assume the fit physically since they replace the old style row mirrors that have been around. I was planning on looking into putting them on my 2010 DRW and trying to wire them in and possibly seeing about adding a power switch from same year 2500 with power fold mirrors. Hoping someone jumps into this before I do so I know what I'm in for ha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They will not fit the older body style. The plate that mates to the door is a different shape, it has 4 bolts instead of 3, and the bolts are different pattern. You may be able to take them apart and swap pieces to make them work but i know they will not fit out of the box.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Arent the early 2015 tow mirrors the same as the prior years? I know they are the same mirror but I guess I haven't paid close enough attention to the base where it mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
They look the same but the mounting is different.

301 - 320 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.