Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
341 - 360 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have these mirrors on my 15 3500 and really like them, but the led turn indicators in the mirror seem way too bright. almost blinding at night. Anyone else think they are too bright or is it just me? I was thinking of taking a black marker and dotting each led lightly to try to dim them down just a bit.

Thoughts?
I agree.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was installing my buddy mirrors for him since I installed some on mine. I have a denali 2500 all I had to replace was the driver side switch when I added the new tow mirrors and I had the powerfold option. My buddy truck is a 2015 3500 dually slt and we added then driver side switch and the new mirrors. The only mirror powerfold was the driver side the passenger side didn't work. They are saying I need to replace the passenger switch also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes you need to replace the passenger window switch. Your truck had small power folds so the switch was ok. I assume your buddies truck had old style tow mirrors with memory seats, therefore the logic was not in the switch. Use your vin number to order the switch for his truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have these mirrors on my 15 3500 and really like them, but the led turn indicators in the mirror seem way too bright. almost blinding at night. Anyone else think they are too bright or is it just me? I was thinking of taking a black marker and dotting each led lightly to try to dim them down just a bit.

Thoughts?
I agree. The LED turn signals in the mirror are too bright. Not sure what I'm going to use to dim them, but something has to be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I posted a question to https://www.gmpartsdirect.co and asked them about power folding mirrors for my 2015 2500HD Duramax SLT with the small power folding mirrors, and this is the response I got:
Thank you for your inquiry.
We had a customer here who wanted to add the power folding mirrors to his truck. We could not accomplish this because GM stated that they did not have the software available to make these function on a vehicle originally built without power folding mirrors.

If it any help the part numbers you have are the same numbers I come up with. This may soon become available in an accessory package.

Regards
GMPartsDirect.Co

I specifically asked if these part numbers would work on my truck. Can someone on this forum clarify if they've got these to work

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tow mirrors for a 2015.5 2500HD

I have just installed new tow mirrors on my 2015.5 Silverado 2500HD. The truck was originally delivered with the standard mirrors, non-power folding, no turn signal, with power adjustment. My new mirrors, are non-power folding, they have have turn signals, front marker, and a couple of small clear lights on each mirror. Part numbers 22960563 (driver side), 22960564 (passenger side).

I have installed the mirrors, power adjustment works properly... the turn signals, front marker lights and clear lights don't work. I assume that I need to replace the door harness on both the driver and passenger side. My question is, does anyone have the part numbers for the correct harness that I need, to make the lights functional?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I ordered part #'s 23241465 and 23241467 from GM Wholesale Direct and delivered the total cost was $994.86. Installed them and as plug and play the amber running light and the led ground light didn't work.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

I then researched the wire combos and read through the threads here. I decided to just make the amber running light into an additional turn signal, so I just jumpered between the turn signal and the amber light wire.

Electrical wiring Technology Automotive lighting Electrical supply Vehicle door

Then to make the LED ground light work, I added a fuse clip to the cargo light fuse on the passenger side box, and ran a wire to each door and spliced it to the LED wire on the harness

Electrical wiring Electronics Wire Cable management Technology

All functions are working :drink

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
:elmo

·
Registered
10 Posts
upon driving my truck last night I now have a check engine light on and also both mirror blinkers flash with either a left or right signal selected... I disconnected the led ground light from the cargo light just to see if that fixed it... nope. So then I got out my OBD reader and the fault is related to an ambient temp sensor fault. Any ideas there?

Also on the dual blinker issue, do I need to install a diode on each side?? Anyone else run into this?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The 2015 was released early, during the build period that other models (like GM1500's) were being built as 2014's.

At the normal summer changeover time, the 1500's became 2015's and there were also changes to the 2500/3500's. To differentiate, the forum communities have taken to referring to the post changeover vehicles as 2015 1/2 or 2015i.

Changes from 2015 model (from summer 2014 changeover) include:

GMC Sierra 2500HD

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators
(G56) Stealth Gray Metallic exterior color
(GTS) Cobalt Blue Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity
USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat
Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for models with Z71 and All-Terrain Packages.
Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar; molded in Black.
(DQS) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, memory equipped, upper glass, power-folding and manual extending, chrome. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp
(DPN) Camper mirrors on Sierra and SLE models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.
(CGN) Spray-on bed liner now includes the GMC logo on front bed wall.
(GAT) All-Terrain Package available on SLE and SLT Crew and Double Cab models.
New (PYR) and (PTW) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on SLE and SLT models
DURALIFE brake rotors
Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available
(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine
(G1K) Stone Blue Metallic exterior color
(G7J) Emerald Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on SLE Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)
HD radio feature removed from all radios
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera now included with (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package on 1SA Sierra model
(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for an excellent rundown, Redwngr. I had noticed a few statements about "built after August 14th" but didn't know what that meant - now I know. That means that I have a 2015 1/2 GMC 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab SLT Z71/4x4.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Life would have been simpler if the first of the revised body style would have been referred to as 2014.5, like it was with the 2007 and 2007.5 changeover.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The 2015 was released early, during the build period that other models (like GM1500's) were being built as 2014's.

At the normal summer changeover time, the 1500's became 2015's and there were also changes to the 2500/3500's. To differentiate, the forum communities have taken to referring to the post changeover vehicles as 2015 1/2 or 2015i.

Changes from 2015 model (from summer 2014 changeover) include:

GMC Sierra 2500HD

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators
(G56) Stealth Gray Metallic exterior color
(GTS) Cobalt Blue Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity
USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat
Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for models with Z71 and All-Terrain Packages.
Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar; molded in Black.
(DQS) Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, memory equipped, upper glass, power-folding and manual extending, chrome. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp
(DPN) Camper mirrors on Sierra and SLE models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.
(CGN) Spray-on bed liner now includes the GMC logo on front bed wall.
(GAT) All-Terrain Package available on SLE and SLT Crew and Double Cab models.
New (PYR) and (PTW) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on SLE and SLT models
DURALIFE brake rotors
Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available
(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine
(G1K) Stone Blue Metallic exterior color
(G7J) Emerald Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on SLE Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)
HD radio feature removed from all radios
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera now included with (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package on 1SA Sierra model
(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models
Redwgnr, your knowledge on these trucks is truly remarkable. Do you work for GM or a dealership or just have an extensive interest in the duramax ? Either way thank you from myself and so many other forum members for your continued problem solving skills

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Just interested.

Spent many years in Tier1 (those that sell direct to OEM) autoparts and in OEM heavy equipment manufacturers in tech roles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
upon driving my truck last night I now have a check engine light on and also both mirror blinkers flash with either a left or right signal selected... I disconnected the led ground light from the cargo light just to see if that fixed it... nope. So then I got out my OBD reader and the fault is related to an ambient temp sensor fault. Any ideas there?

Also on the dual blinker issue, do I need to install a diode on each side?? Anyone else run into this?

Thanks
So I ordered and swapped out the passenger side mirror with the 23241469 and that fixed the check engine light as the mirror actually has the temp sensor installed :thumb This is needed for all trucks with option code K40 which is the exhaust brake

Then for the blinker issue, i just cut the wire below the splice that was the joined with the blinker for the amber light and that fixed the dual blinker issue (it was basically using the amber light wire to complete the circuit between both mirrors.

All now works well :neener

·
Registered
74 Posts
jbosso,
What style of mirror did you replace? I have the old style camper mirrors on my 2015 GMC and want to change them out to the new style but I do not see any kind of temp sensor in my current mirror?

·
Registered
10 Posts
jbosso,
What style of mirror did you replace? I have the old style camper mirrors on my 2015 GMC and want to change them out to the new style but I do not see any kind of temp sensor in my current mirror?
I replaced the small power folding mirrors. The temp sensor is on the bottom of the mirror. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it up

341 - 360 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.