Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
361 - 380 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
So I ordered and swapped out the passenger side mirror with the 21241469 and that fixed the check engine light as the mirror actually has the temp sensor installed :thumb This is needed for all trucks with option code K40 which is the exhaust brake

Then for the blinker issue, i just cut the wire below the splice that was the joined with the blinker for the amber light and that fixed the dual blinker issue (it was basically using the amber light wire to complete the circuit between both mirrors.

All now works well :neener
... I believe the part number you are referring to is 23241469, correct?

·
Registered
461 Posts
jbosso,
What style of mirror did you replace? I have the old style camper mirrors on my 2015 GMC and want to change them out to the new style but I do not see any kind of temp sensor in my current mirror?
My research indicates "the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor located in the passenger outside mirror on trucks equipped with the 6.6L diesel engine is not used for the ambient temperature display that is located on the radio or for HVAC-related requirements. This sensor is used only for powertrain requirements. The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor used for the radio display and HVAC is located behind the right side of the grill." What I am not sure of is if there is a sensor in the "camper-style" mirrors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My truck came with the small (non-tow) power folding mirrors and the passenger side mirror had the temp sensor. So if your current mirror doesn't have it then you just need the 23241467 which is the version without the sensor. I have one that I'm about to send back with a 15% restock fee, I can sell it to you for what I'm going to get back and then you just need to order the drivers side 23241465

·
Registered
461 Posts
My truck came with the small (non-tow) power folding mirrors and the passenger side mirror had the temp sensor. So if your current mirror doesn't have it then you just need the 23241467 which is the version without the sensor. I have one that I'm about to send back with a 15% restock fee, I can sell it to you for what I'm going to get back and then you just need to order the drivers side 23241465
I don't think that will work. I have not found definite answers about a Duramax, K40-exhaust brake equipped pre-August 14th swap from the "camper-style" mirrors to the DQS's. There are two different ambient temperature sensors for these trucks (radio displayed outside/HVAC related temps and another for powertrain temps) and I am thinking all of the Duramax's require the 23241469 right-hand mirror. I have yet to confirm that though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the 23241469 is what worked for my with my K40 exhaust equipped vehicle
... but you said your truck started with the small "standard" mirrors.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yep the small power folding mirrors, but they did have the temp sensor on the passenger side. I just had to add the wire for the cargo lights as shown in my previous posts
That is different than the "camper-style" mirrors ... there is no visible temperature sensor, no memory, no fold, no tilt-down in reverse and no "options" for those features in the vehicle setup. I have confirmed the memory and power fold (w/button only, not with RKE) only will work with the DSQ's, but am not convinced the 23241467 mirror will work with the K40 RPO with "camper-style" mirrors. Where is the second "powertrain ambient sensor" in a "camper-style" equipped Duramax?

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Full-Size Truck and SUV Ambient Temperature Display Information

Last paragraph in this link:

TIP: The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor located in the passenger outside mirror on trucks equipped with the 6.6L diesel engine is not used for the ambient temperature display that is located on the radio or for HVAC-related requirements. This sensor is used only for powertrain requirements. The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor used for the radio display and HVAC is located behind the right side of the grill.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My truck was built in June and I have the chrome power folding mirrors so I would think you could get them if your truck is not to build stage yet
My truck was built in may and I also have the chrome towing mirrors with power fold
... "pre-August 14th" means built before August 14, 2014 when the mid-year 2015's came out, not August of this year. I have had my 2015 2500HD for almost a year and a half now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Full-Size Truck and SUV Ambient Temperature Display Information

Last paragraph in this link:

TIP: The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor located in the passenger outside mirror on trucks equipped with the 6.6L diesel engine is not used for the ambient temperature display that is located on the radio or for HVAC-related requirements. This sensor is used only for powertrain requirements. The Ambient Air Temperature Sensor used for the radio display and HVAC is located behind the right side of the grill.
... that is where I got the information for a previous post, but have you seen a 2015 "old-style camper" mirror with the temp sensor in it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone with a 2015.5 ltz with power fold mirrors swapped out to the power fold tow mirrors and had the bcm reflashed and get the Amber lights and puddle lights to function normally or do u have to actually do the rewire?

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 hd mirrors manual fold for 07-13 gm trucks!!!

ok I've used this thread for alot of information on the new hd tow mirrors and idk if this has been done yet and hell idk if I'm even posting in the right section but figured id share i got the 2015 towing mirrors manual fold retrofitted for 07-13 gm's! heres how i did it
1. i first bought a pair of the old 07-13 towing mirrors and a damaged pair of the new 2015 hd mirrors with chrome caps and less i got for dirt cheap
2. disassemble both pairs of mirrors start by removing all glass then you will see the screws 4 total on each remove set aside
3.the rods in each mirror have a set of pins holding them in place pop them all off
4.slide the mirrors off of the rods then cut rods attached old body style mirrors 3/4 of an inch on both upper and lower portion.
4. pop off the plastic pieces that are on top of the pivot arms on all 4 mirrors take the plastic pieces form the new 2015 mirrors and cut the edge off of where it meets the pivot then attach on to old bs arms and base
5. Now here i got a little lazy i cut a slight notch in the bottom arm and then bent it once i slid the mirror on instead of assembling pins back on so now my mirrors will only slide out 75% of what they should but i assure you it is very sturdy and not shakey with out the pins
6. reassembly is same as disassembly they fold and work just as manual tow mirrors as far as the wireing i am just spliceing into door, drill's, and reverse light

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have any more pics??
Heres a few more I will actually end up putting the pins back on and cutting a groove for the locking pin so I can extend the mirrors fully but you have to cut that 3/4 of an inch off the tubing of the 07-13 bs mirrors for the 2015 mirror to slide on.

Attachments

361 - 380 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.