Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im going to assume since the motor assembly is located in the body side of the mirror fixture (in the new style mirrors) that this process will not work for the power fold style mirrors? Would love to see someone try though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im going to assume since the motor assembly is located in the body side of the mirror fixture (in the new style mirrors) that this process will not work for the power fold style mirrors? Would love to see someone try though.
The motor is rather bulky and heavy compared to manual fold I assume that's why they went to the much bigger 4 bolt bases I figured the easiest way for me to make this work is to avoid the powerfold option I wanted these mirrors so bad! I just didn't want to spend the extra effort time or money just to have power fold I'm sure it can be done tho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking at mine I am curious at how they will hold up with the frequent pulling to extend and pushing back. Wonder if they will wear out like my other ones did. They have more resistance though which is nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Only time will tell man, but I can tell you after breaking these things down multiple times!! they are very well built I am very pleased with the quality of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
23241467 And 23241465 was the part number I saw in another thread. Then saw 23241469..
I'm looking for these as well but need to be sure they'll fit. Can anyone confirm the numbers needed, for a 15 2500 HD Denali "built after august".
23241467, 23241465 are correct if you are looking for the powerfold tows with chrome caps I can't remember off top what the 23241469 was.

·
Registered
461 Posts
23241467 And 23241465 was the part number I saw in another thread. Then saw 23241469..
I'm looking for these as well but need to be sure they'll fit. Can anyone confirm the numbers needed, for a 15 2500 HD Denali "built after august".
23241467, 23241465 are correct if you are looking for the powerfold tows with chrome caps I can't remember off top what the 23241469 was.
23241469 Passenger mirror w/K40 (exhaust brake for diesel) ... power fold.

23241467 Passenger mirror for gas .... power fold.

23241465 - Driver's mirror ... power fold.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Only time will tell man, but I can tell you after breaking these things down multiple times!! they are very well built I am very pleased with the quality of them.
So you got the signals, back side leds and the two led lights work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So you got the signals, back side leds and the two led lights work?
It's all prepped right now all I did was cut about 6 inches before each connector and added some extension wire about 4 feet I used 18 gauge wire should have went a little smaller but it will work all I'm gona do is run some more wire and tap into the tails and front Running lights

·
Registered
13 Posts
Heres a few more I will actually end up putting the pins back on and cutting a groove for the locking pin so I can extend the mirrors fully but you have to cut that 3/4 of an inch off the tubing of the 07-13 bs mirrors for the 2015 mirror to slide on.
Oh wow, I had planned on designing a retrofit of some kind but this is easy as hell.

So excited I'll be able to have way better looking mirrors on my Denali!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It's all prepped right now all I did was cut about 6 inches before each connector and added some extension wire about 4 feet I used 18 gauge wire should have went a little smaller but it will work all I'm gona do is run some more wire and tap into the tails and front Running lights
hows it working now that you have everything wired up??

·
Registered
216 Posts
does anyone have the link to the thread where someone put these mirrors on an avalanche? I cant find it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Never mind, I found it a couple pages back on this thread lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks.

This is my 1st post but I just wanted to say thanks to the users who posted the specific part numbers for the power fold mirrors.

I had just picked up a 2015 LTZ 2500 with everything I wanted but it had the reg mirrors. To do the deal the Dealer said he'd swap out the mirrors to the tow mirrors which is what i needed for towing the boat.

Low and behold they didn't work right. He had ordered the accessory kit and said power fold wasn't an option even though the original had that.

I started looking online and found this forum and thread. I reached back out to the dealer and said what about these part numbers.(mentioned here). They said "OH, those are for replacement of existing factory mirrors" They aren't for upgrading. I said why not order those and install. After a bit of back and forth they agreed and ordered at their cost and installed on their dime.

So again THANKS for the info provided here. I now have power fold tow mirror and the white led back lights DO work...though they are tied to the cabin lights...not reverse. (which is how it is on trucks directly from factory.)
I did think they would come on in REVERSE which would make logical sense and actually be useful when backing up my trailer, but who said truck builders had sense. ;)

I'm now 99% satisfied :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it during my search. I've read some posts that have purchased the parts online (ebay, gmparts, etc.) and installed themselves by tapping into existing wires. Others have purchased wiring harnesses I presume to avoid having to cut/splice wires, but then still need some dealer programming to get some functions to work. I believe I also read a post where someone purchased these parts from the dealer, installed themselves and took back to the dealer for programming and it was allowed because they purchased the parts from the dealer and not off the internet.

Finally the question!! Has anyone tried purchasing the parts online, installed themselves and taken back to the dealer for final programming to ensure all features work? Was this successful? Or if we are going the online route to save money do we need to plan to cut/splice?

My dealer quoted me $1213.40 for the two mirrors (23241465 driver side and 23241469 passenger side) and the two harnesses (23171564 and 23171567) supposedly at their commercial wholesale pricing. A quick search online and I can order all these same parts from GMPartsDirect for $1,055 shipped to my door. I'm sure if I spend a little time I can find them even cheaper, especially if I'm willing to buy a "like new" part from ebay. If I can save a couple hundred $ or more purchasing elsewhere but still be allowed to dealer program that would be ideal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer quoted me $1213.40 for the two mirrors (23241465 driver side and 23241469 passenger side) and the two harnesses (23171564 and 23171567) supposedly at their commercial wholesale pricing. A quick search online and I can order all these same parts from GMPartsDirect for $1,055 shipped to my door. I'm sure if I spend a little time I can find them even cheaper, especially if I'm willing to buy a "like new" part from ebay. If I can save a couple hundred $ or more purchasing elsewhere but still be allowed to dealer program that would be ideal.
I don't think you'll find the actual tow mirrors that have the powerfold and all the sensors, etc online. A dealer has to order them not as a kit or parts but as a Replacement order.

Update on my previous post: All appeared to work and then engine light went on. Went to local dealer and he said code was for ambient temp sensor in mirror fault and to take it back to other dealer who installed mirrors. So go to the original dealer again...they go to replace sensor and low and behold, the 2nd set of tow mirror they installed (with power this time) was not the mirror that had a sensor.

They ordered their 3rd set of mirrors( now with power fold, all the sensors, etc) and installed this week. Now no fault, and appears to be working. Turns out when they installed the 1st set of tow mirrors which was ordered via the parts dept and that you can see on the GM site, are not power. They did order the additional harness and flash the comp thou so the truck thought it was the full function mirror. Thus the fault once the 2nd set(now with power) were installed...but missing sensors. That tells me there are at least 3 different types of tow mirrors for the truck. 1-no power fold (that anyone can order) 2--power fold, lights, etc. but without the sensors. 3--power fold, lights, etc..with sensors that the truck when the comp is upgraded to work the new mirrors also looks for.

To rectify this it's been a total of 5 trips to the dealer.....but appears finally fixed. They didn't get much help from GM and had to figure it out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes there are 3 different types of mirrors for the passenger side, and 2 different types for the driver side. Sounds like the second set they installed on your truck included the passenger mirror for the gas trucks. The diesels have a sensor on the underside of the passenger mirror that is required or you will get the code you mentioned. More than likely the driver side mirror they installed with the second set was identical to the one on the third set. Glad they got it right in the end for you!

As for ordering online, a part number is a part number, so I am sure that if I order the same part numbers from an online seller that it will be the same as a dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As a side note, I've seen some of you with pre-2015 trucks that were looking to get these mirrors but have been told they aren't compatible. There was a good write-up a couple pages back on this thread on how to "build" your own to work on an Avalanche. While searching ebay I found a seller that has these mirrors (non powerfold) already made to work on 07-13/14 trucks and another for 03-06 trucks. Only $200 for the pair! I have no relationship to the seller but if this is legit then all you guys that were fussing because these new mirrors weren't compatible with your old body style truck should now be jumping for joy as guys with 2015+ can't get close to this pricing even for non powerfold!!

07 13 Silverado Towing Power Heated Chrome Mirrors LED Signal CLEARANCE Lamps | eBay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,
This is first post as a new Duramax owner.

My truck came with the tow mirrors with all of the features and functions. They work well, but are too tall into the field of vision. Plus the LED's are really annoying at night. Im wondering about a couple of possibilities.

The first would be to see if it's possible to take the extensions off and install them upside down on the opposite sides. It would lower the mirrors, but put the convex section on top, which is OK.

The other option is to install the standard mirrors, but somehow extend the wiring plug up into the top of the door so I could swap them out in the summer time when I tow, without removing the door panel.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure about turning them upside down, I would think that would get frustrating with mirror controls. If you are interested in the smaller powerful mirrors I still have mine from when I switched to tow mirrors. PM me if you are interested.

381 - 400 of 402 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.