Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read and searched everything that I can find here.

My goal is a quiet, smooth highway ride on my new 2015 2500 CC 4wd.

My truck is my go to vehicle for vacations and everyday travel. If we go to the mountains or beach or fishing then I take my truck. I may do some light offroading occasionally (wrong turn on a mountain road when it is wet) but no intentianal heavy mudding or rock maneuvering.

I have stock OEM 20 inch polished aluminum wheels (5 spoke) and stock GY LT265/60R20 tires.

I am working through bad vibration problems with dealer/GM. Vibration analysis point to tire/axle frequency as the primary cause of the disturbance.

If GM/dealer is unable to eliminate the problem with the stock GY tires, then what tire would you recommend as the ultimate solution? I have been a Michelin fan for LT M/S truck tires but reading here there have been some problems with the current 275/65R20 M/S2.

What tire is the new king of the highway with some offroad capability? LOW road noise required.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am right where you are at. I can tell you that I am running a Kanati trail hog, which is a duratrac copy and they are super loud. You are smart to be concerned about low noise. From what I understand, the Coopers are typically a but louder than what you may want. Some report they are quiet, but lots of folks report they are louder than they expected, with a high pitch whine. The nitto terra G2's are also probably also just a bit too loud, but they are so new it is hard to tell.

I think the pick for your application would be the goodyear adventure AT, but they are literally twice the price of the SR/A in that size. They have a great mileage warranty and IIRC they have a 30 day full satisfaction guarantee. Return for any reason, noise, vibrations, etc.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Cpowell,
In terms of ridding your truck of the vibe over 70 its no so much the brand of tire as it is finding a shop that has a road force balance machine. Preferably a Hunter brand RFB.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Goodyear makes a great long lasting all terrian 20in tire, i have them on my truck and they are not loud.
I always used Goodyear Fortera's for my Chevrolet S10 4 x 4's. Unfortunately they don't make those in the sizes needed for a GM 2500HD. I wonder if their kevlar style tires are similar. Fortera's by far were the quietest I have ever owned.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The all terrain adventurer with kevlar are similar to the silent armor in noise.

Great tire...

·
Registered
18 Posts
You may want to add the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 as well if you are looking for an all terrain tire. We have some rebates on them currently as well.

Cooper Discoverer A/T3

They also have a 55,000 manufacturers wear warranty.
+1 just put on A/T3 on my aftermarket 20" and I like them a lot so far

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 gets my vote. I'm running a 285/75 18 and they drive great. They had a little humm when they were brand new but has gone away and sound great

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Sorry, ride great! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GoodYear Adventure AT with Kevlar are what I have on my 2015 and they're easily the best tire I've owned. Ride nice, are quiet and do well in snow and on ice.
Those tires seem to have good reviews. Which size did you get?

I see they come in stock OEM 265/60R20 and also 275/65R20. The 275/65R20 is rated 3750 lbs vs. ~3200 for the stock size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 HD Denali came with wrangler SRA tires..GMC called them All terrain but I wouldn't go off road with them. I Put on Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventures. The only all terrain that seamed that would fit the 20" tires. These tire are not a real heavy lug type yet are good in snow and mud and are quiet on the dry road. Got 6000 miles on them in winter in Wisconsin and a trip to Myrtle Beach. They run nice

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC sierra,Denali 3500 L5P
803 Posts
this is a old post, I just ordered 20 inch Fuel Clevers for my 2017 3500 DRW, what tires will fit with right load range without lifting? thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 GMC sierra,Denali 3500 L5P
803 Posts
Thanks! someone said on another forum LTX A/T2 Michelin 275 x 65 x 20? dont want rubbing issues!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! someone said on another forum LTX A/T2 Michelin 275 x 65 x 20? dont want rubbing issues!
I just realized your truck is a dually. A 275/65/20 is the safer bet to make sure you don't rub. I would highly recommend the Nitto G2s or the Cooper AT3, they have a little more aggressive tread/look but ride great and wear well. I've had both and really liked them, the Cooper might be a little smoother than the Nitto but you can't go wrong with either.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.