Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

What wheel/tire combo should I go with?

• Keep 35's on 18's

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 37's on 22"

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • 37's on 20"

Votes: 10 33.3%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will break down my truck as it sits today, 04/08/15. I don't have great pics but I've got some. My company colors are brown/black so this truck stood out to me and I loved the cocoa/dune interior.

Finished Mods
- 6" Pro Comp lift installed by dealer
- 22" Fuel Mavericks
- 37x13.5x22 Toyo Open Country M/T's
- AFE CAI and oiled filter
- Amp Research steps
- Road Armor Titan Guard
- (4) Plashlight LED fog lamps
- 20" Plashlight LED light bar
- (3) KC spots
- OEM Black Bowties
- Removed "2500 HD", "Silverado", and "LTZ" badges
- Removed body side mouldings
- (2) 12" Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1200F subs, downfiring under rear seat
- Hybrid Audio Clarus component speakers
- Fatmat acoustic treatment in door panels
- painted door handles
- painted rear bumper
- painted grille and headlights
- fully deleted
- 4" Flopro turbo back exhaust
- Built tranny
- EFILIVE by Kory Willis
- Air Dog 2 165

This is my daily driver for the next 2 years, then it's getting twinned, built motor, injectors, etc to make 800+ HP

As it sits today:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In addition to the mechanical work I'm getting done this week I'm also looking to:

- Paint front grill and healight bezels black
- Painted door handle
- Painted rear bumper, probably flat black
- AMP steps

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Very nice truck

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pm me would like assist steps
I'm hitting the sack man but I'll PM you my number and text me tomorrow. I haven't ever shipped anything like that so I don't know how it would work. Here are pics. The crack in the plastic piece is shown here. My parts guy said he can buy that piece and I can replace it. I haven't called him back to see how much.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Truck looks great!!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Anyhody know the answer to this question: after I delete, will I need the AMP steps for the '15 with the DEF reservoir or will I be able to buy the steps for previous years?

I'm thinking my DEF resevoir being gone will let me save some $$ on the steps. Not a lot but probably $200.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks guys. Anyhody know the answer to this question: after I delete, will I need the AMP steps for the '15 with the DEF reservoir or will I be able to buy the steps for previous years?

I'm thinking my DEF resevoir being gone will let me save some $$ on the steps. Not a lot but probably $200.
Far as I know if you delete the tank you can get the 15 1500 steps which almost completely hide under the sides.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Buy steps for 2500 2015 gas version if you remove def tank if you want pictures let me know

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm loving your build so far. I'm not typically a fan of those road armor bumpers but it looks absolutely great on your truck

·
Registered
974 Posts
Where do you get the black OEM bowties? Easy install?
I think you can get them from a dealership if not I.m sure you can online. Cheaper way is to paint or plasti-dip them yourself. They are very easy to get at.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm loving your build so far. I'm not typically a fan of those road armor bumpers but it looks absolutely great on your truck
I wasn't sure if the big ass one would look good but I'm pleased with it too. A bro-in-law price didn't hurt either.

Where do you get the black OEM bowties? Easy install?
I think you can get them from a dealership if not I.m sure you can online. Cheaper way is to paint or plasti-dip them yourself. They are very easy to get at.
^^^what he said. I think I paid $85 installed while it was in for service.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts