Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I’m a long time lurker and just joined up because I’m in need of some help I haven’t found a solution for.
I am currently on a trip across the country with my family towing a travel trailer.
Truck is a 2015 GMC 2500hd CC SB 4x4 Duramax with 103k miles. 5k miles ago I had an edge display installed and 5 tunes. I have run it only in tunes 1-3. My exhaust is still all stock. I am towing an 8500lb camper for the last 5k miles across the country.
About a week ago I had my first check engine light with code P2771. Took to dealer and they did a re-learn on the transfer case actuator, $100.
In the following week, it slipped out of reverse 3 times.
Each time, I put it in to reverse, have not applied any gas, just let it idle back, and after a couple seconds it slips out of reverse and the “R” is flashing on the dash. Yesterday the check engine came back on (not when it slipped) with code P2771 and code P0F10. I took it to a new dealer and they reprogrammed the transfer case, $200.
When I got back to the campsite yesterday, I backed in and it slipped out of reverse again.
Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention also that the second time the p2771 code came on, I decided I would test out my 4x4, which I had not tested after the first time.
4 high and 4 low worked, but when I tried to go back to 2 high, it said that it shifted, but when I went to drive I could tell it was in 4 high still.
I shifted back and forth through 4 high, low, and 2 high and went into reverse and forward while in each and when I got back to 2 high it shifted correctly and went into 2 high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.