Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna try and retrofit the 2015 mirrors into my 2011. I'm thinking about ordering one mirror and have a 30 day refund return policy..first of all I'm going to see if it's even possible to mount them. I know the 2015 mirrors have an extra hole to drill in the middle (which I'm fine with doing since it is in the middle. If the holes don't line up, I'm gonna see if I can drill holes to make them line up. Then I'm gonna see if the mounting base shape is going to be an issue. If I see that I can shave down the base of the mirror to make it work, then that's what I'll do. (I can return the mirrors as long as they are in the exact same shape as when I recieved them.
I go to school from 8-1 and then work from 2-8 everyday and 9-8 on Saturdays with Wednesday and Sunday eing my off days. Hopefully I can get this accomplished and be the first one to have retrofitted mirrors.

As far as wiring and all that goes, I'm really curious to see if it's possible to just cut the connections off the end and just retrofit the wiring to the mirror connections I have now. All I'm looking to have is the turn signal and clearance lights (I don't need to move my mirrors with power once I have them in the right place) and having the rear facing LED would be sweet too but I'm not counting on it. As far as power fold goes, I'm not even gonna get into that boat with these.

So with all that being said, think it's possible?
My only concern will be wiring. I believe I can get it mounted up no problem

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2015 mirrors

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2011 mirrors

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
subd. I would interested to see. Just installed the mirrors on my 2015. They are amazing.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
subd. I would interested to see. Just installed the mirrors on my 2015. They are amazing.
Could you do me a favor? Can you measure the bottom base of the mirror? Just hold a tape measure up to it and take a picture?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i would love to do this too, just havent got the funds to drop on an $800 set of mirrors. It looks as if the base of the 2015 is larger than the 2011, but it could just be the scale of the picture.

·
Premium Member
15,239 Posts
interesting........subd for sure

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I feel like this is achievable with some quality drilling skills. Sub'd for results

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel like this is achievable with some quality drilling skills. Sub'd for results
I think so too...just curious if the wiring and all will work

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yoooo! Subbed for this hope it works dude!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a similar thought trying to retrofit the new mirrors on my 08. I was going to go with the non power fold style and see about adapting them at the pivot and using the mount from the 08 mirrors. Just haven't had the $500 to drop on a set yet that may or mat not work.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I had a similar thought trying to retrofit the new mirrors on my 08. I was going to go with the non power fold style and see about adapting them at the pivot and using the mount from the 08 mirrors. Just haven't had the $500 to drop on a set yet that may or mat not work.
This is exactly what I was thinking

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This I think is a better idea instead of drilling holes n cutting just change the base
But the question is could it be done?
I'd be more than happy to supply the funds as long as someone can do it or think they can. I'll also supply both sets of mirrors

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
But the question is could it be done?
I'd be more than happy to supply the funds as long as someone can do it or think they can. I'll also supply both sets of mirrors
Don't they just unbolt with 4 fasteners? I think so. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just unbolt, pull wires, and reinstall. Seems very easy. If they are a different size you could have a bushing made or some milling done. Very easy. As far as doing the wiring, probably goin to have to do some splicing. Not a big deal at all. Don't use scotchlocks. Do it right the first time. The only thing I think would be hard is the power folding option

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only problem is I have no idea how to take it off the pivot mount

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.