Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leveled 2015 gmc 2500hd duramax looking to get my exhaust done this week along with air intake system. I need help and opinions should I delete muffler/cat? I plan on doing 5in mbrp exhaust w/ 6in tip. Afe air intake system. Anyone have this setup?

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
Youll need emission delete tuning to remove the CAT & or DPF.

·
Registered
16,268 Posts
LMLs dont have a actual muffler. They have a DOC (aka CAT), & SCR/DPF.
By removing the DPF & or CAT youd be deleting. Inorder to remove them youll need emission delete tuning. Tuning voids your warranty.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Crawl up under your truck and count how many sensors are attached to the exhaust and it will start to make sense. The days of simply hacking off a factory exhaust to make a truck loud are long gone...

The ONLY way to get more sound out of these trucks is you have to get a tuner to delete out all the emissions, and yes this means deleting your warranty.

Sorry but that's just the world we live in these days. YOu can thank the EPA...

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I'm pretty sure the AFE intake will not fit the 2015 correctly. One of the reasons I'm told is their is a difference between the 2015 and the 2015.5. I'm not sure what the difference is, but its not worth the hassle of taking everything apart and then having to put it all back together. I went with Banks intake, the flex hoses makes for an easy install.

If your gonna delete the DPF, you might as well delete the EGR. Blocking plates work well for some years, but eventually, the EGR cooler may crack. On top of that, getting those plates in place is a pain. The complete EGR delete is easy in theory, but it too is a pain in the ass. You will have to get an up pipe for the passenger side. Check out these guys for your EGR delete packages, down pipe and PCV reroute packages.

http://www.deviantraceparts.com

If you have future plans on putting on larger wheels and tires, I recommend hold of on the the tune until you have new tires. The tuner would then be able to calibrate your speedo with your tire size. You may be charged for a new tune for the new tire size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm pretty sure the AFE intake will not fit the 2015 correctly. One of the reasons I'm told is their is a difference between the 2015 and the 2015.5. I'm not sure what the difference is, but its not worth the hassle of taking everything apart and then having to put it all back together. I went with Banks intake, the flex hoses makes for an easy install.

If your gonna delete the DPF, you might as well delete the EGR. Blocking plates work well for some years, but eventually, the EGR cooler may crack. On top of that, getting those plates in place is a pain. The complete EGR delete is easy in theory, but it too is a pain in the ass. You will have to get an up pipe for the passenger side. Check out these guys for your EGR delete packages, down pipe and PCV reroute packages.

http://www.deviantraceparts.com

If you have future plans on putting on larger wheels and tires, I recommend hold of on the the tune until you have new tires. The tuner would then be able to calibrate your speedo with your tire size. You may be charged for a new tune for the new tire size.
I did the AFE 10r whatever intake, what a pile of crap fit ect:rolleyes: ordered it from Afe. Said it would fit... Idiots. 2015's don't have an air filter "meter". I had a nice big hole in the intake tube... Which I used a very shallow drain plug bolt a rubber o-ring to seal off. I am throwing it in the trash. I swear the truck lost power with this intake. I am going with the K&N 63-3087, it's the only intake I found that shows actual chassis dyno results..

Also op, I did the Magnaflow SS 5in filter back... It looks bad ass. Only reason I did it.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I did the AFE 10r whatever intake, what a pile of crap fit ect:rolleyes: ordered it from Afe. Said it would fit... Idiots. 2015's don't have an air filter "meter". I had a nice big hole in the intake tube... Which I used a very shallow drain plug bolt a rubber o-ring to seal off. I am throwing it in the trash. I swear the truck lost power with this intake. I am going with the K&N 63-3087, it's the only intake I found that shows actual chassis dyno results..

Also op, I did the Magnaflow SS 5in filter back... It looks bad ass. Only reason I did it.
The Intake Kit should have came with a plug. Check out Banks. It does have a hole, but they give you a plug for that.

Banks Power 42248-D Ram-Air Intake System with Dry Filter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine sure didn't, the guy at Afe guaranteed it would fit. Not a fan of of banks, however I am sure there things are nice quality ect, but I work off results... Dyno graphs. The Afe intake I got showed a graph, later found out, 1 graph fits all there diesel truck intakes I guess:poke[1]:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.