Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2015 2500HD LTZ Chevy Duramax 4x4 7” RC Lift
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the Proper puller and pusher for a 2015 Chevy 2500hd Duramax? I got a "Master Set" at the parts store but the bolts are way to big to fit the the 10mm bolt hole on the from of the clutch.
Automotive tire Grey Font Material property Auto part

· Registered
2006 LBZ, 2009 LML, 2022 L5P. 1993 6.5 parked in the shed.
1,635 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you just thread a bolt in there and that pushes on the compressor shaft and breaks the taper holding the clutch on. I know it's that way on a lot of clutches I've done.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Piper that's how its down for sure. But the Puller set that I was giving isn't the right fit. I'm needing to know the actual tool\ puller that's used. I actually got everything off. I was lucky that the clutch had backed its self out. So I didn't need the tool. But now I'm trying to press the clutch back on.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys. I got it done. Rigged something up last night and was able to install the clutch onto the shaft. M6 x50 bolt, nut and a couple of washers. Took probably twice the time the actual installation tool would of taken, if I had ever figured out what that was. But its done. Pressed the clutch onto the shaft clean and easy. Kicking on and off like a champ. If someone ever tells you just to replace the compressor don't. 80$ for the clutch and your time. Its a 30 min job with the right tools. Thanks for all the help and time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts