Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new truck and love it. Do have a question about the text with Intellilink though. When my phone is connected it will receive texts and I can have them read out to me however if I go to the text tab it never loads anything nor can I reply. I'm wondering if that is something my phone doesn't allow or maybe there is an option i'm missing.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4
Truck is 2015.5 Sierra

Thanks for tips or tricks you might know of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same phone with the same issue. When I first got the truck in October, texting didn't work at all on the truck. I contacted GMC Intellilink support and they couldn't figure it out either. Then my phone had another update by ATT and the texting worked as you described. If I am driving, I can have the text read to me, or if I am stopped, It come up on the truck screen. I can use the quick reply, but on the 2 preset messages that pop up on the screen, I can't scroll down if I am moving. I'm sure this is a "safety feature".

·
Registered
187 Posts
It will only display texts when your not moving, hope this helps. A few other options like changing vehicle settings etc are also disabled while moving

·
Registered
50 Posts
after having experience with other in car infotainement systems this one is pretty weak..

for instance.

-you have to plug in the phone to have pandora access, other systems have phone apps that connect the system via blue tooth. yes you can bluetooth the media from pandora but you don't have the thumbs up/down access controls on the screen so you can't edit your stations while driving without handling the phone.

-Most other systems automate the text to voice and read the text to you at your convience. even offering you the ability to connect back to siri or cortana or android assistant to use voice to text back.

- the weather app is horrible comparably to other systems. resolution is terrible along with being able to pin point weather in your exact location is tough because it only allows you to zoom in so far

The system could use some improvements for sure. whats worse is updates have to be done via corded connection so you have to bring in the vehicle to the service shop to update. Other systems available simply update through a wireless signal.

this is my review even after their most recent update.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Apple has a block so you cannot use the automated replies. Kind of stupid since it defeats the purpose. I'm sure if you jail break the phone, you can make it so it. Otherwise you can press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel and reply via siri if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.