Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone.

I boght my MY15 2500 CCSB last year in May. I have about 16k miles on it right now and there are a few issues and I would like to see if anyone else has them.

1) the trans bellhousing where it mates to the block is dripping fluid

2) the oil pan gasket, oil drips

3) on the valve cover there are cracks, which might be casting but its hard to tell. I check other dmaxes at work and none of them had that.

4) two of the 4 hydraulic body mounts leaked

I took the truck in to a dealer here near me and they said no trouble found on any issue. they said the truck is spotless underneath. Pick it up after telling them what to look for, drove it home 4 miles, went under it, the bell housing is wet, the oil pan is wet....stupid dealer.

The dealer has nothing to do with the issues, I just needed to vent. Oh, and when they drove it, the tech used his dirty a** gloves on my sun-visor so there were grease marks on my visor and headliner. Both grey. Stupid a**es.

Anyone else had leaking issues yet? And what was the fix? I can get all the torque specs from work and try to tighten the bolts, maybe they came loose. Either or, that dealer can go out of business for all I care...sorry venting.

Andrei

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
1) Get the dealer to clean or replace the parts stained by the tech.
2) Go to a different dealer for the warranty claims.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Get the dealer to clean or replace the parts stained by the tech.
2) Go to a different dealer for the warranty claims.
Number 2 for sure. Number 1 they said they would order a visor but that would be a favor to me since the techs are careful and they would never do that.

Man what an awesome dealer.....

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
no issues with mine, good luck getting it resolved.

·
Registered
846 Posts
There are reported cases of different leaks from the bell housing area. I would recommend finding another GM dealer to take care of your warranty claim. I would also be searching for one that has diesel service.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are reported cases of different leaks from the bell housing area. I would recommend finding another GM dealer to take care of your warranty claim. I would also be searching for one that has diesel service.
I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here around metro Detroit, I have called 5 different GMC dealers, within a radius of 40 miles, and all of them are booked and can't get me in for at least a week to diagnose the issue. Nevermind to actually fix it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have about 13k on my 15 which I bought late last july and just changed the oil for the 2nd time 2 days ago and didn't notice anything leaking hopefully I don't either definitely will watch this thread to see the outcome and good luck at the stealer!

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here around metro Detroit, I have called 5 different GMC dealers, within a radius of 40 miles, and all of them are booked and can't get me in for at least a week to diagnose the issue. Nevermind to actually fix it.
Do you make an appointment?

Booking ahead is pretty common in a service shop.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Do you make an appointment?

Booking ahead is pretty common in a service shop.
Very true. It is like most industries. If it is not an emergency where you truck wont run it can be booked out. Just like your dentist, or anything else.

If you need an appointment go directly to the dealer you want to do service with and build a relationship with that dealer. Once established you will find that they are more accommodating to you down the line. Just because you own the truck and it is a GM does not mean that every dealer is going to give you the moon when you want it. It is all about relationships. My family has been going to the same service advisor for 20+ years. I got introduced to him when I began driving and if I have issues I call him.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey Everyone.

I boght my MY15 2500 CCSB last year in May. I have about 16k miles on it right now and there are a few issues and I would like to see if anyone else has them.

1) the trans bellhousing where it mates to the block is dripping fluid

2) the oil pan gasket, oil drips

3) on the valve cover there are cracks, which might be casting but its hard to tell. I check other dmaxes at work and none of them had that.

4) two of the 4 hydraulic body mounts leaked

I took the truck in to a dealer here near me and they said no trouble found on any issue. they said the truck is spotless underneath. Pick it up after telling them what to look for, drove it home 4 miles, went under it, the bell housing is wet, the oil pan is wet....stupid dealer.

The dealer has nothing to do with the issues, I just needed to vent. Oh, and when they drove it, the tech used his dirty a** gloves on my sun-visor so there were grease marks on my visor and headliner. Both grey. Stupid a**es.

Anyone else had leaking issues yet? And what was the fix? I can get all the torque specs from work and try to tighten the bolts, maybe they came loose. Either or, that dealer can go out of business for all I care...sorry venting.

Andrei
Any update on your situation?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any update on your situation?
I did make appointments and still is like 3 days before they can look at it. Its like come in Monday, but we can't touch it until Wed. So why the appointment, because if you bring it in randomly we can't touch it for a week.

Either or, i took it to the same dealer as a hard issue. This is the same dealer that said No trouble found. But with that in mind and the truck dripping on the shop floor they said they would bump me ahead of everyone in the service bays, since I need the truck Friday morning to go to CO. So right now at noon they called me saying its on a hoist expect and answer around 4-5pm today.

I didn't bother with the mounts this time, just the fluid leak. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thank you for the interest.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Keep us posted as to what they find. I would think that they would be more responsive to your issue if you are a repeat customer. Also what was the no problem found concern you expierenced?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So after the dealer pushed me ahead of everyone they said they couldn't find any leak and it's probably just oil run off from the filter. the filter and around the filter is bone dry by the way. they wiped everything spotless said they added Dye and gave me back my truck.

I'm going a 3500 mile trip so we'll see when i get back. But i doubt anything is actually fixed. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm sure it'll leak again.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well if they did not replace anything and you have been having a leak you are going to see it again. It is good they added dye but the issue is you are going to drive to many miles to make the dye worth while. Normally after dye is added you see a customer drive approx 500-750 miles before they return to have the vehicle re-inspected for leaks. 3500 miles could cause the leak to show and the fluid to get flung all around.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will take it do a different dealer for a second opinion when i get back.

I asked them about the issue you brought up, and they said as long as there is a little dye in there they can see it. even if its dirty. We'll see.

Have you guys seen casting cracks on your valve cover? I attached a pic. I looked at work at MY14 and MY15 trucks with a tons of miles and testing under their belt and none of them show signs of cracking. The dealer says its normal. but if you rub your finger on those cracks it cuts you. sorry for the not so quality pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
The cracks you see are just probably from poor casting and the mold not being super clean. I am not a casting person so I could be wrong. But if it is not leaking then you are just fine. I would not worry about that at all. I would be worried about your leak issue.

With the dye I am just worried that it will get all over everything rather than pinpoint your leak.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The "cracks" appear not be actual cracks, but to be in the molding as they are raised from the surface. They could be ground down smooth.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
So after the dealer pushed me ahead of everyone they said they couldn't find any leak and it's probably just oil run off from the filter. the filter and around the filter is bone dry by the way. they wiped everything spotless said they added Dye and gave me back my truck.

I'm going a 3500 mile trip so we'll see when i get back. But i doubt anything is actually fixed. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm sure it'll leak again.
Hey Subiebosch,

Very sorry for this! If you need any assistance reaching out to another dealership, we would be more than happy to bring this to their attention. We understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we are here to help the best way possible if necessary. We look forward to your updates.

Patsy G
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
102 Posts
If they put die in the oil, get yourself a black light bulb and a drop light or pet stores sell them to check for piss on the carpet. If it's new oil, it will glow green most likely. This way they can't BS you next time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have oil leaks on my 2015 LTZ 24k kms,passenger side, down 1/2 litre of oil already will book an appointment next week for repairs will let you know what they say.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.