Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help identifying what to call this or where i can get a replacement fuse its a very large fuse that is on the passenger side battery under a small cover. Me nor my mechanic would identify what this was called and how to find another.

Me and my mechanic installed my EGR delete, 5” Flo-pro and 3” MBRP(Bitch to install) and PPEI tunes after about a whole day ordeal dealing with stupid problems from the down pipe clamps being very small to the EGR cooler not wanting to come out in a single piece or the flo-pro exhaust not lining up to the correct hangers. Also to top it all of we made the biggest rookie mistake of not removing the positive or negative terminals form the battery thus my mechanic accidentally dropped a wrench on the alternator witch caused a nice spark and after we were finished installing cause the truck to have no dash lights or ECM response with only interior lights working we immediately took all fuse box covers off and just did the good old CHECK EVERY FUSE and ended up finding that the passenger side 175A fuse clip had tripped and cause no power to the truck any help will be great thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The block is #23190334. That should be what you need. Check with a dealer first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks @jc8825 that looks to be exactly what I'm looking for going to check with dealer to make sure. Lastly we were able to jump the fuse onto another 175a fuse and the truck would start however the truck would not turn off after the key was trunk to off we had to discount the jumped wire to shut truck off any experience with this kinda issue would be very helpful the truck sounded amazing and idle and rev great thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help identifying what to call this or where i can get a replacement fuse its a very large fuse that is on the passenger side battery under a small cover. Me nor my mechanic would identify what this was called and how to find another.

Me and my mechanic installed my EGR delete, 5” Flo-pro and 3” MBRP(Bitch to install) and PPEI tunes after about a whole day ordeal dealing with stupid problems from the down pipe clamps being very small to the EGR cooler not wanting to come out in a single piece or the flo-pro exhaust not lining up to the correct hangers. Also to top it all of we made the biggest rookie mistake of not removing the positive or negative terminals form the battery thus my mechanic accidentally dropped a wrench on the alternator witch caused a nice spark and after we were finished installing cause the truck to have no dash lights or ECM response with only interior lights working we immediately took all fuse box covers off and just did the good old CHECK EVERY FUSE and ended up finding that the passenger side 175A fuse clip had tripped and cause no power to the truck any help will be great thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you find the 175amp fusible link? I made the same mistake of arching the alternator cable, produce spark and have no power to the dash. Checked all fuses and are good. Sounds like the same issue you were having. Been told by two mechanics that I should look for a fusible link but can’t find it. I have a 2015 duramax. Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you find the 175amp fusible link? I made the same mistake of arching the alternator cable, produce spark and have no power to the dash. Checked all fuses and are good. Sounds like the same issue you were having. Been told by two mechanics that I should look for a fusible link but can’t find it. I have a 2015 duramax. Thanks for any input in advance.
Did you find this? I just had this happen to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find this? I just had this happen to me.
Anyone get this resolved with the new fuse block?? I did the SAME EXACT thing except I was tightening a fuel line on the passenger fuel rail and touched the back of the dang alternator. Same symptoms, no lights in dash/won't start/etc. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Get the wiring diagram for your truck GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals
Search for 'fusible' once you have the electrical manual downloaded and there should be several shown. Keep in mind that wiring diagrams are logical, not the same as the truck layout.

Reactions: dieselclatter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get the wiring diagram for your truck GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals
Search for 'fusible' once you have the electrical manual downloaded and there should be several shown. Keep in mind that wiring diagrams are logical, not the same as the truck layout.
I got a new one ordered. Should be coming Tuesday I hope. Jumped it across to fuse next and everything works like normal. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get it fixed? Just did the same to mine, didn’t disconnect battery while switching alternator and arched it, no power to dash..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts