Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently completed a cp3 converison on my 2015 LML after the cp4 blew up. I bought the whole kit (pump, rails, lines, injectors, etc) from DMAX store which is from S&S diesel. I also deleted the EGR while I was at it. Cleaned everything out including the tank and lines going to the engine bay. Programmed the injectors into the ECM and GPM with the codes from the new injectors using a snap on tool. Also installed a FASS 165 with draw straw. The trucks runs fine until i get to 2000 RPMs and then it has a weird sound coming from engine. It sounds like an injector knock. It also throws a code P026D after this sound. There is also a MAP sensor code P0107. I installed a brand new MAP sensor and it still throws this code. The wires to the sensor that goes into the intake manifold close to the MAP sensor got a little messed up during the reinstallation of everything so I am trying to order that sensor but cannot find a part number for it (maybe one of y'all might know what the PN is ;)). Using my edge CTS, it does not read any boost pressure , so I'm guessing this is causing problems. I know there's a lot going on here, I'm just hoping one of y'all might be able to shed some light on what is going on.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently completed a cp3 converison on my 2015 LML after the cp4 blew up. I bought the whole kit (pump, rails, lines, injectors, etc) from DMAX store which is from S&S diesel. I also deleted the EGR while I was at it. Cleaned everything out including the tank and lines going to the engine bay. Programmed the injectors into the ECM and GPM with the codes from the new injectors using a snap on tool. Also installed a FASS 165 with draw straw. The trucks runs fine until i get to 2000 RPMs and then it has a weird sound coming from engine. It sounds like an injector knock. It also throws a code P026D after this sound. There is also a MAP sensor code P0107. I installed a brand new MAP sensor and it still throws this code. The wires to the sensor that goes into the intake manifold close to the MAP sensor got a little messed up during the reinstallation of everything so I am trying to order that sensor but cannot find a part number for it (maybe one of y'all might know what the PN is ;)). Using my edge CTS, it does not read any boost pressure , so I'm guessing this is causing problems. I know there's a lot going on here, I'm just hoping one of y'all might be able to shed some light on what is going on.

Thanks
Did you figured it out? I did the same thing on my 2015 lml after cp4 went out. Cp3 conversion by S&S 50 state legal, new rails, injectors, lines, install an airdog 150 with a drawstraw. Its making a vacuum/hissing noise around 1800rpm and it threw a p026d code. No EGR delete and I haven't programmed the injectors yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I had my CP3 swap done the engine would almost serge at 2000-2250, but would pull hard again a little higher in rpm's. I took it back to the shop and they loaded an "updated" tune for the CP3 . Not sure why the "updated tune" wasn't installed from the beginning or did they install the wrong programming from the beginning??? I didn't question it as the truck runs great now. Could it be a tuning issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me. I found out the problem. A gasket for the downpipe did not seat properly. Noise is gone after I seated the gasket properly. I think the p026d is related to the new injectors not being program yet. Will have it done next week. Truck has been down for 2 months. Feels good to drive it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts