Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2015 LML Lift Pump & Sump question

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  mray 
#1 ·
I have done a ton of digging and the one thing that is holding me up is the return line from the lift pump.
I plan on running a Beans sump with Fass 165. where does the return line connect? i plan on installing directly under the sending unit and most sumps use a 6" return tube, i do plan on drilling a hole in the bottom of the basket but not sure if this will allow adequate room for the tube. any insight is appreciated!

#2 ·
Don't know about the 2015 but the older trucks returned fuel to the filler neck, Fass should come with instructions.

#5 ·
He actually stated that he planned on running the Beans sump.

#6 · (Edited)
I have done a ton of digging and the one thing that is holding me up is the return line from the lift pump.
I plan on running a Beans sump with Fass 165. where does the return line connect? i plan on installing directly under the sending unit and most sumps use a 6" return tube, i do plan on drilling a hole in the bottom of the basket but not sure if this will allow adequate room for the tube. any insight is appreciated
Honestly if your Duramax is stock or slightly modified (even up to 600hp) the 165 is overkill for what you are needing. Actually the 165 usually for some will require the sump to keep the 1/4 tank issues at bay because the 165 will circulate enough fuel to drain the sending unit basket. If you wish to go the route of adding the sump fine but you are spending more money that what is needed to supply fuel to the CP3/4. Dean

PS. The FASS installation will have you cut the fill hose and splice in return line but with a sump you can have the lift pump return directly to the sump if that is what you wish. D

#15 ·
Honestly if your Duramax is stock or slightly modified (even up to 600hp) the 165 is overkill for what you are needing. Actually the 165 usually for some will require the sump to keep the 1/4 tank issues at bay because the 165 will circulate enough fuel to drain the sending unit basket. If you wish to go the route of adding the sump fine but you are spending more money that what is needed to supply fuel to the CP3/4. Dean

PS. The FASS installation will have you cut the fill hose and splice in return line but with a sump you can have the lift pump return directly to the sump if that is what you wish. D
Please explain what the 1/4 tank issue is....I've heard of it but don't know what it is... I'm too old to care what others might think of my ignorance so please educate me. Thanks

#18 ·
IIRC, when I put my FASS and Beans in the sump has a return inlet. That is where the return line goes. The kit came with a "Y" to put the return into the fill neck but I went to the sump return. There is an alignment issue where the holes are, be careful and line them up. I also deleted the filter as the FASS unit filters have a finer screen in them than the stock ones.

#20 ·
Unless the Beans sump has changed in design (which it very well could have) mine didn't return fuel through the sump although several other brands

did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.