Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, the Duramax threw up a code and I cannot figure out what it is. The code is p16ab. It is a 2015 Chevy 2500HD duramax if that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you ever figure this one out? just got the same code with a few others I'm trying to figure out

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got this and replaced my intake heater, seems to have gone away. however i dont know thats its been cold enough for it to come back yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes we believe we figured the problem out. We were using fuel additives in the tank and after we stopped putting it in and ran a tank or two through it the code went away.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
What kind of additives were you running, and how often?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was having the same problem after I did my intake bridge on my 2016. I bought a ground cable and grounded the intake heater to the mount by the alternator where u took out the 2 13mm bolts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was having the same problem after I did my intake bridge on my 2016. I bought a ground cable and grounded the intake heater to the mount by the alternator where u took out the 2 13mm bolts.
Hey Lgarcia082209, 2015 Sierra here. I just did a full DPF and EGR delete with LB7 up pipe, 4" straight pipe with MBRP downpipe and EFI live tunes. No check engine light for two days then threw this ECM P16AB. I am doubting it's the grid heater itself. Did you ground the heater at the one screw on the bottom of it, covered up by the throttle body?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was hoping you could answer my question on the forum? Did you ground the heater on the one bolt at the bottom of it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts