Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 lml Duramax I bought it July and it has 45,000 miles I noticed the upper radiator hose is hard when driving.... but soft when it cools down. There are a lot of posts about hard upper radiator hose and head gaskets. It runs fine and doesn’t blow smoke from the exhaust engine temps is good too is this normal there’s a thermostat in the upper radiator hose and I’ve always thought it was spossed to be hard. Could it be a egr issue? Also they just fixed the PCV seal and I noticed oil on the intake just before the turbo, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Suppose to be hard when running and soft after shutdown. If you run it around hard and then hours later theres still pressure in the system ie hard upper hose or pressure out the degas its 99% of the time headgaskets and 1% of the time a bad degas cap. Look up the pcv reroute on here and get it done

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.