Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my duramax back in December and have been building it since I brought it home. I wanted to make some decent progress before I made a thread. It is a 2015 Sierra 2500HD SLE 4x4 ext cab. Let me start from the beginning when I first brought it home

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First thing I did to it was start to debadge it, ordered leather seat covers from clazio, and ordered the factory kicker upgrade. I also bought the dirty max badge and wrapped the wood grain on the doors in carbon vinyl

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With this being my first diesel it didn't really feel like a diesel with how quiet it was! So I figured it was time for deletes. I went with a full egr delete, 3"downpipe, lb7 up pipe, 5" exhaust with no muffler, resonator delete, pcv reroute, and efi live autocal by Kory Willis

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also carbon wrapped the gmc badges and had plasti dip on the grille but it didn't hold up so I took it off

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next step was rims and tires. I went with 20x12 fuel octanes wrapped in nitto 420s 305/50R20. These rims in the 8x180 lug pattern have a -32 offset instead of the -44 offset like most 20x12 rims so I was able to run them without even leveling the front. I spaced the front bumper out 5/8" which isn't really noticeable. I do rub slighty on the fenders. I need to see if I can do the NorCal fender mod or something because I would like to lower the front a little to keep my angles good for 4wd boost launches.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This past weekend I installed my lift pump as well as the suction kit. I went with a fass150. I also put my 2" drop shackles on in the back. I had to trim the pinch welds on the bed for the shackles to clear. I don't have any pics of either of them installed yet. We have had some nasty weather so my trucks pretty dirty right now

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next up will be finishing up the install on the phantom II pillar gauges. I have the rail pressure hooked up but still need to tap for boost and egt and I will post pics when finished. I also have a wcfab cp3 conversion kit on the way and the kryptonite frontend kit from dmaxstore on the way so stay tuned for updates!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice truck, those wheels and tires look great together.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I was real happy with how the wheels turned out. I was worried at first that the tires would look too small but the fit is nice. Everyone says it looks real aggressive when they see it in person.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is how the pillar gushes look. I am still trying to find an interior paint to match the grey. The stuff from alligator performance didn't match.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had some parts show up today. Don't know when I will have a chance to install them yet

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also had to put the stock wheels on for the weekend to drive a few hours and pick up a friends fummins project we will be working on

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pic from last week

Attachments

Reactions: Jeffnrivercity

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice truck man ! If you don't mind me asking where did you get that badge? 6.6

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the badge on eBay. They are around $10 and are real good quality. Just search dirty max on eBay and they should pop up

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Little update. I finished my fender mod. It is similar to the NorCal fender mod but I did a few things different. Behind the inner fender is pretty much the same as on the nnbs fender mod. Once you get the inner fender back in I redrilled one hole as seen in the pic. I elongated the hole on the trim piece and cut a washer to use with a allen bolt I still need to use a few self tappers on the trim piece but it's fine for now. I was just barely rubbing at stock height on 20x12s but I wanted to drop the front end down for level cv angles. Sorry the truck is so dirty the weather has been crap the past 2 weeks

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Little update. I finished my fender mod. It is similar to the NorCal fender mod but I did a few things different. Behind the inner fender is pretty much the same as on the nnbs fender mod. Once you get the inner fender back in I redrilled one hole as seen in the pic. I elongated the hole on the trim piece and cut a washer to use with a allen bolt I still need to use a few self tappers on the trim piece but it's fine for now. I was just barely rubbing at stock height on 20x12s but I wanted to drop the front end down for level cv angles. Sorry the truck is so dirty the weather has been crap the past 2 weeks
Nice!..How much clearance do you think you gained?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts