Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dajokr, do they fit in there decent. After looking I wouldn't have thought there was room

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
I had issues getting the drivers side in more then the passenger side. This is a 1500 as well so it may be a little different. I did a lot of cussing before I managed to get them in and hands looked like they were fighting with a meat grinder. I can take pictures of a light next to a tape measure if it would help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are redesigning them as we speak. Nick said they should be in, in 2'ish weeks. So we will see if they are different.

I am waiting on the 5000k fogs so I can order both.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the pic Dajokr. As soon as they are back in stock in 5k I'm gonna try a set

·
Registered
2022 Forest Metallic Sierra AT4 HD
808 Posts
StephenS i need more pics please. What trimming did you need to do?
give me a little bit and I can get you pictures of the front. sadly I didn't take pictures of the back before I reinstalled but its really not difficult at all. purchase the rigid flush mount brackets for the 2014-2015 GMC 1500's.

1. pull your whole fog assembly
2. trim the fog light bracket out of the assembly
3. line up the rigid flush mount brackets and dremel out a little line for the flush mount bracket to fall into.
4.mount front piece of rigid bracket to fog light assembly
5. drill the back rigid bracket about an inch up from where the original mounting holes are. mount rigid dually or d2
6. put the 2 brackets together and mount the fog light assembly back into the truck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just wanted to thank RayandPaula and smokeyou for the installation write ups and information regarding the Morimoto Hid kit.:drink

I pretty much followed Rays instalation instructions to a T except I took the driver side battery out for easier installation of the Hid bulb.

I bought the Sierra spec 4300k Hid kit, I wish the HD harness to the passenger side was 6-12" longer. The wires coming out of the Hid light "grommet" could of been 6-12" longer for better mounting options. A few other things could be improved but overall the construction of the harness and plugs is better than some oem wiring.

Overall I cannot belive the light output compared to the stock halogen lights, day and night difference. To all that is questioning the purchase of this kit, I wouldn't hesitate whatsoever. Worth every penny :neener

Reactions: Jeffnrivercity

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Just wanted to thank RayandPaula and smokeyou for the installation write ups and information regarding the Morimoto Hid kit.:drink

I pretty much followed Rays instalation instructions to a T except I took the driver side battery out for easier installation of the Hid bulb.

I bought the Sierra spec 4300k Hid kit, I wish the HD harness to the passenger side was 6-12" longer. The wires coming out of the Hid light "grommet" could of been 6-12" longer for better mounting options. A few other things could be improved but overall the construction of the harness and plugs is better than some oem wiring.

Overall I cannot belive the light output compared to the stock halogen lights, day and night difference. To all that is questioning the purchase of this kit, I wouldn't hesitate whatsoever. Worth every penny :neener

:drink:neener

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Everyone! Heyyaa
Just wanted to chime in..... HID's have been awesome with no problems :thumb Has made a huge difference and I highly recommend them! :neener

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are redesigning them as we speak. Nick said they should be in, in 2'ish weeks. So we will see if they are different.

I am waiting on the 5000k fogs so I can order both.
What ones are you talking about in the above quote in the first sentence? I Want to get the morimoto head lights hids but waiting for a good fog light, like a good plug n play 25 watt hid?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just installed mine today.. i actually took my headlights out and the front grill off and everything.. probably didn't need to but made routing and stuff much easier... Also mounted a 52" light bar on the roof. Just didn't have the time to finish the wiring in the cab.. So i will get that done tomorrow and post some pictures.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just installed mine today.. i actually took my headlights out and the front grill off and everything.. probably didn't need to but made routing and stuff much easier... Also mounted a 52" light bar on the roof. Just didn't have the time to finish the wiring in the cab.. So i will get that done tomorrow and post some pictures.
Love the look of the roof mounted bar...but heard that they have alot of wind noise...please confirm, your findings...and post some pics :eek:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Definitely wind noise... I read a bunch about it and it is pretty loud. I'm not getting a whistle or anything just pretty good turbulence style wind noise. Once i break around 45-50mph... ill make a few adjustments and keep testing it.. I will get some pics soon.. we are going to finish the wiring tomorrow and my truck needs to be washed bad with all this snow and salt kicking up off the roads.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is anyone running 55w HIDs in the GMC projector headlights? I have a 2015 and ordered the 55w. Kinda picked that on accident now im worried about melting the housings. Should I exchange the ballasts for 35w (id have to cover shipping back and forth)?

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Is anyone running 55w HIDs in the GMC projector headlights? I have a 2015 and ordered the 55w. Kinda picked that on accident now im worried about melting the housings. Should I exchange the ballasts for 35w (id have to cover shipping back and forth)?
I personally wouldn't risk running the 35w, but that's because I don't feel like shelling out $6-800 for a new headlight. 35w will be more then enough as is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I personally wouldn't risk running the 35w, but that's because I don't feel like shelling out $6-800 for a new headlight. 35w will be more then enough as is.
Yeah i got that feeling from looking around here and some other forums. $15 or so on shipping is a hell of a lot cheaper, and easier, than having to get new housings. I shipped them back a little while ago. Hopefully their customer service is quick.

101 - 120 of 389 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.