Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2500 ltz with power folding mirrors. The issue I’m having is the mirror controls don’t work nor do they illuminate. The amber running lights on the mirrors also don’t work. The only thing that does is the blinker. Another issue is the driver selection buttons don’t work either and the rear cargo light switch does not illuminate(haven’t tried it in park, only while driving) any help would be appreciated, I’ve already tried to change the mirror switch and that didn’t help.

Thanks

·
Diesel Junky
1,102 Posts
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2500 ltz with power folding mirrors. The issue I’m having is the mirror controls don’t work nor do they illuminate. The amber running lights on the mirrors also don’t work. The only thing that does is the blinker. Another issue is the driver selection buttons don’t work either and the rear cargo light switch does not illuminate(haven’t tried it in park, only while driving) any help would be appreciated, I’ve already tried to change the mirror switch and that didn’t help.

Thanks
1. the cargo light only functions in park, neutral and reverse
2. I will slap mirror while hitting button, you can use your key fob, that will work most of the time.
3. what do you men by driver selection? the seat and mirror?
4. check mirror fuse

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the jumbled up message as i was scrambling around. The cargo light does in fact work so not worried about that. The amber light and cargo MIRROR lights do not work. I’ve checked multiple fuses but not sure which one goes to them exactly. The door mirror switch for power fold and adjustment does not work or illuminate and the seat memory buttons on the door do not work either.

·
Diesel Junky
1,102 Posts
sounds like the power to the mirrors is not getting power. I would think fuse

the seat buttons must be held down until it reaches saved location

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your luck is like mine you end up looking at all the fuses when trying to find the culprit.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Maybe the truck didn't come with them mirrors and options and somebody tried adding it all and didn't get it to work? Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’d agree, but that wouldn’t be the cause of my mirror door switch not getting power.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Why don't you get a wiring diagram(s) for your truck and see what circuits are required to power your mirrors? Then you can test to see where the failure point is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would make sense if the power window module in the driver door worked and had power to it. Same with the driver seat memory buttons

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The page wouldn’t refresh. Didn’t mean to post the Same thing twice. I’m going to get the all data tomorrow and try to figure it out. Just didn’t know if anyone ever had this issue before and found a resolution!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts