Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
6.5. What are you trying to do?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I have run LT35-12.50R17 on them. Requires a 2" spacer between the duals to clear them. James

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
You can run 245/75/17s without spacers.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
My 09 had 285s on it when I bought it. I tried to get 285s to replace them but Discount wouldn't do it, the widest they would mount on the stock rims was a 245.

YMMV.

The truck still looked good and it allowed me to get rid of the spacer so I didn't complain too much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
285/75/17 Nitto Terra Grappler.
Cool, Thanks. I'm getting a pretty good discount on tires from Michelin due to warranty on my oem's but I'm limited to Michelin or BFG. I wanted 285/75's but they could only get me 285/70's in the KM2's. I was curious on what tires yours were to check and see what the section width is and compare it to the KM2. Just didn't want to run into any fitment problems.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cool, Thanks. I'm getting a pretty good discount on tires from Michelin due to warranty on my oem's but I'm limited to Michelin or BFG. I wanted 285/75's but they could only get me 285/70's in the KM2's. I was curious on what tires yours were to check and see what the section width is and compare it to the KM2. Just didn't want to run into any fitment problems.

Well that is not a good alternative unfortunately. You should stick with the AT KO. There was a forum member with a new denali that did those tires and hated the truck after he did them. That is a horrible tire for daily/towing. The tread blocks are so unstable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well that is not a good alternative unfortunately. You should stick with the AT KO. There was a forum member with a new denali that did those tires and hated the truck after he did them. That is a horrible tire for daily/towing. The tread blocks are so unstable.
Well that's reassuring!!!!!!:drink

If they really do suck I'll sell them and get Toyo open country AT II's

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Well that's reassuring!!!!!!:drink

If they really do suck I'll sell them and get Toyo open country AT II's

Don't even put them on. Order a 285/75/17 Toyo or Nitto and be satisfied. Those tires are scary on duallys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts