Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015i 2500HD CrewCab 4x4 LTZ Duramax - truck is one month old and I started getting a door ajar error two days ago - driver side front door. If I put the window down slightly, it sometimes goes away. Interior lights will come on although I am driving down the road. Real problem is the door will lock but the alarm doesn't set right - horn doesn't sound when locking via the fob. 5 minutes later the alarm starts honking. Dealer can't fit it into service for another 10 days. I would think its just a small offset in the sensor, but the typical push button switch doesn't seem to be there. What I am missing and is there a way to adjust the issue in the interim. Have to open and close a dozen times until the lock via fob sets correctly

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hello dekarate,

We're sorry to hear of this concern with the door ajar error message illuminating and the alarm not setting properly. Our apologies to hear your dealership won't be able to get you in for while. Please keep us updated on the prognosis once you take your truck in!

Andraya
GM Customer Care

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
My 02' Eddie bauer did that, 300 bucks later worth of sensors it was good to go, hope all new gm's don't do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts