Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the stock rim specs for a 2016 20'' rim. Some have said the offset is +44 others have said +31 with 5.97 backset? Im looking at a different rim that is 20x9 with +18 and 5.71 backset. I will putting on BFG KM3's 35x12.50R20 and I'm looking into how much clearance I will have. I will be adding a lift, I just dont know how much I need or if I can get away with nice leveling kit with UCA's with a diff drop.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,855 Posts
+44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
You can get away with a leveling kit on that set up or a 4-6" lift turned all the way down. personally i would do a 4-6" and turn it all the way down with no blocks in the rear to keep your ride quality.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I have a 2016 also and I was wondering if 35s will clear with Factory 20s. You can read some say yes some say no some say yes no cranking let me know how your outcome is . I had 2015 with 7.5 in lift and 35s. It road like silk I will admit but it was hard on the front end when I first had a level before the lift. If mine will hold 35s factory and no rub I would be tickled.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have a 2016 also and I was wondering if 35s will clear with Factory 20s. You can read some say yes some say no some say yes no cranking let me know how your outcome is . I had 2015 with 7.5 in lift and 35s. It road like silk I will admit but it was hard on the front end when I first had a level before the lift. If mine will hold 35s factory and no rub I would be tickled.
sorry to say,,they rub,,just a touch on the frame,,not on the stock sway bay,,my hellwig bar just gets touched.my tires BFG KO2's 35x12.50x20.they make the truck look good.my bars are cranked on,from ground to the little crease in the fender well molding,I'm at 43"

friends truck on the left,he plows too

I'll see if I can get pics of the rubbing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Thanks Man yeah I already have it cranked a inch and haven’t seen any change but I have coppers maxx and they are chopped bad. Chevy says alignment is in spec but it pulls hard right. At 80k I think the front end is ready for parts. I run 50# air all around. I was thinking 35s but I know there hell on front end parts. Plus I don’t have a bumpsteer shock. I may upgrade the front end before I go with 35s! I’m ready for tires soon oh.

·
Registered
486 Posts
now my truck had been aligned before the switch.It ran nice and straight,even w/ a very slight back and forth movement on the front end steering parts.
after switch,throw truck on the rack,,believe it or not,all was good but an ever so slight toe out,some thing like .02 °.adjusted and it runs perfect on the highway,
running 60psi in all the tires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
So GMC502 you have 35s ? That looks good and I think you have me sold it works if that’s 35s. It looks so much better than those little tires. I had my doubts on the looks vs function, but my baby is just a horsepower and weekend pounder. It’s never pulled are been worked just drove. I have other trucks for that but I think I will go this route. I about have it how I want it with my cp3 conversion and built Trans and 200hp tune. This has been a wonderful lml and has performed flawlessly from day one compliant and non compliant. I think it’s just time for a front end rebuild unless my cooper Maxxs are just poorly made. They are loud and chopped and have been rotated every 5k and only have 25k on them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
my tires are 35x12.50x20's

·
Registered
486 Posts
my friends 35's have wore evenly across the whole tread.he rotates them every 7k.he has about 30k on them w/ plenty of tread,think he said 6/32 left,started at 15/32.he tows and plows w/ his.mine will be just for winter.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Well I’m sold on it I think I’m going this route if you get a chance post up a good pic so I can have something to lust over till I get home lol. I’m stuck in Minot ND at the moment and patiently waiting to head home and get this going on plus my front end rebuild.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well I’m sold on it I think I’m going this route if you get a chance post up a good pic so I can have something to lust over till I get home lol. I’m stuck in Minot ND at the moment and patiently waiting to head home and get this going on plus my front end rebuild.
will do.

·
Registered
486 Posts
hope these pics are alittle better.thing I did notice today,,rear tires are not centered in the wheel well,,interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
forgot a couple
last pic shows what you need to trim if you put alot of weight in the bed.I do,so it got a little trimming.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
They really don’t look like 35s BFs must run small. But it’s a awesome looking truck love me a GMC Denali thanks so much for the pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a set of stock 20'' rims but I do need the TMPS sensors. Anybody recommend one over the other. I found a AC delco 13598772 oem for $17.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Wheel Rim same thing in my world and I would assume others since they state factory rims we all know there 1 piece. I think it’s basically a word used in different context but inevitably mean the apparatus to which the tire is wrapped around. The factory has not ran 2 piece rim wheel in many years. Most people on the internet can’t even tell you what a 3 on the tree was lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts