Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special here, Stock truck, good filters and fuel.

At dealer for full repair and replace, under warranty

This is not necessary. Did this on a Powerstroke 6.7 and traded to duramax as a result. Now this.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Nothing special here, Stock truck, good filters and fuel.

At dealer for full repair and replace, under warranty

This is not necessary. Did this on a Powerstroke 6.7 and traded to duramax as a result. Now this.

The Powerstroke and Lml use the same pump. I’d look for new fuel station seems like quite the coincidence you’ve had 2 cp4s grenade. Id bet it’s bad fuel.

FYI the L5P has a different fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
What did the dealer say about the fuel? Did they have it tested? If not I would personally have it tested so I knew.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What were your symptoms? Started my 2016 LML today, let it warm up fo 3 minutes put it in reverse and it started shaking and check engine light came on, called OnStar and they told me it was code p2146 and that there was a problem with the fuel management system..currently at the dealer to find out what is wrong..Only has 20000 miles it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
What were your symptoms? Started my 2016 LML today, let it warm up fo 3 minutes put it in reverse and it started shaking and check engine light came on, called OnStar and they told me it was code p2146 and that there was a problem with the fuel management system..currently at the dealer to find out what is wrong..Only has 20000 miles it.

Cp4 failures usually happen suddenly and the truck just quits running and won’t restart.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cp4 failures usually happen suddenly and the truck just quits running and won’t restart.

Thanks..it’s starts up fine but runs really rough and as I said there is a non blinking engine light. Had it flatbed to the dealership. If by chance it is the cp4 than it will be traded in on a L5P..Hoping for the best.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thats how it happened, just like that.

Have my own tanks, highway and off road. I go through a lot of off road, and not a lot of clear. Anyway, I have water separator and water block filters. Never an issue on the off road, running all tier 3, 3B and 4 John Deere tractors.

Pulled into a field, hooked up to a trailer and took off. Upon entering road, it stumbled, gave change fuel filter, fuel filer is 0% and it died. Tried for 2 hours pumping and bleeding filters and could never get it to prime. Finally gave up. At best it would run like it was running on 4 cylinders.

I pulled fuel samples off bottom of storage tank, and one further up. Going to dealer tomorrow to get one from truck. Dealer never made any mention of bad fuel. Just said it would be ready by end of the week and warranty would cover it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

Have my own tanks, highway and off road. I go through a lot of off road, and not a lot of clear. Anyway, I have water separator and water block filters. Never an issue on the off road, running all tier 3, 3B and 4 John Deere tractors.

Pulled into a field, hooked up to a trailer and took off. Upon entering road, it stumbled, gave change fuel filter, fuel filer is 0% and it died. Tried for 2 hours pumping and bleeding filters and could never get it to prime. Finally gave up. At best it would run like it was running on 4 cylinders.

I pulled fuel samples off bottom of storage tank, and one further up. Going to dealer tomorrow to get one from truck. Dealer never made any mention of bad fuel. Just said it would be ready by end of the week and warranty would cover it.

On the bright side it’s covered under warranty.
Haven’t heard of any of the l5ps having fuel pump failures yet but they’re running denso system and they come with a factory lift pump

·
Premium Member
623 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ha! I wish.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to be joking around on your thread. Glad to hear it's under warranty.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Ha! I wish.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to be joking around on your thread. Glad to hear it's under warranty.
Agreed, glad to hear the dealer is fixing it so quickly.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,264 Posts
Agreed, glad to hear the dealer is fixing it so quickly.
Comforting, yes.

But scary too, to think so many pumps must have failed....that they have a quick-fix pipeline set up for repair. :frown2:

And the evident loss of faith with the switch to Denso on the L5P.

·
Registered
307 Posts

I would not run into the dealer and say anything about getting a fuel sample. If they haven't said anything about fuel do not, do not give them a reason too.

Let sleeping dogs lie!

Andy :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts