Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2016 GMC Sierra Denali
2 Posts
I have had this same problem for years in my 2016 Sierra. Dealer replaced 3 times. I'm no longer hopeful GMC will do anything. I'm interested in replacing the entire infotainment system for something aftermarket.
Does anyone have any direct experience with a product that will do the same functionality or better for this truck?

Regards,
Steve
Cary, NC

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,901 Posts
Replacing with a complete new head unit like an Alpine or Pioneer would also require IDatalink's addon modules and you'd need to get a compatible head unit to make it function correctly. I still think you'd lose some of the functions in your vehicle, depending on what model you have (lt, denali, etc.)

These are the two modules you'd need to gain back most, if not all, of the functions in your vehicle:

I'd contact Crutchfield to have them design a system with these items that would fit your exact truck. They'd be able to tell you what you might lose by going to an aftermarket stereo system. It will not be cheap to do, but considering an oem replacement unit's cost, and taking the chance that it happens again (like you've experienced), maybe this would be the better choice.

There's a few threads about aftermarket stereos here, I'd research this forum first before deciding on what way to go and perhaps find some other alternatives to a complete replacement.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts